Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE 1911 Low Power

Hi All

I have a WE 1911, the one that takes the double-stack Hi-Capa mags. The problem is that it will fire off approx 5 rounds, and then the power will drop so that the slide will not cycle far back far enough to pick up the next round. Therefore the gun will continue to cycle and fire, but without shooting the rounds out.

I'm guessing this is due to cooldown, but have no idea how to rectify it, unless hi-flow valves are the way forward? The way I see it, when I test-fire indoors, it should be suitably warm enough for this not to be an issue, but the problem persists.

The slide is stock (metal), but it is pretty heavy, whch I imagine adds to the problem. I know for a fact that it is not a problem with mags, as I have tried 7 different ones and they are all the same. I have also tried them in my TM H-Capa 4.3 that has a plastic slide and it works flawlessly.

Any pistol gurus out there with any (useful) suggestions please?

Thanks
    Chris
    Though I walk through the valley in the shadow of Death, I will fear no evil.....for I am the evillest bastard in the valley.

Re: WE 1911 Low Power

Heavy slide is an issue. It's also likely to be sticking somewhere. Take it down, clean it, polish the rails if you can. Get it spick and span, you might notice it goes up to as many as 10 rds. If you replace the spring that operates the barrel cut off, for a weaker one, you'll notice an improvement too. The FPS will drop, but it'll work properly. The spring's located in the blowback chamber/loading nozzle. If you remove the tiny screw, the part inside will slide out, and the spring that moves it, is the one that needs weekening. It'll alow the blocker to activeate earlier in the cycle, and mean more of the gas power goes into the blowback mech, rather than down the barrel.

Replacement springs can be found at most good airsoft shops. The TM one's are great. It's probably compatible between their entire range of pistols.

Other things to do, would be to use a weaker hammer and return spring set. The hammer spring requires alot of power to re cock after a shot. It also only pushes the valve open. The weakest hammer spring that can do this is always the best bet. If you notice when the mag is full, the first few shots don't fire at much power, then you need an upgrade. That's the only time you'll ever need to increase the power though. Bear in mind, that the spring pushes the valve knocker forward, then the valve knocker is held open by a trigger part, untill the slide moves back far enough to disengage the valve knocker lock. A stronger spring doesn't open the valve anymore, just open's it in a more reliable fashion. There's a certain point of strength, where the spring just becomes overly powerful, and is more harm than good. WE in my experience, have vastly exceeded this point.

The return spring likewise, should be just about strong enough to return the slide to base, and chamber a BB reliably. Once this is happening, more power just means it's going to take more work to get the slide to cycle. WE pistols have been designed for use with green gas, in hot climates. They're not ideal for England. To be honest, I think less of them than the £20 clone GBBs you can buy.
    sigpic
    Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
    I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Re: WE 1911 Low Power

Hmm, interesting.

Thanks for the advice!

Chris
      Though I walk through the valley in the shadow of Death, I will fear no evil.....for I am the evillest bastard in the valley.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

vonstickers Find out more about vonstickers
      Working...
      X