Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please fix my 1911!

Hey all,

I have a problem. I have a WE1911 I bought from someone here a while ago, and it broke (a bit.) It sat unused in my room for a long time, before I finally got round to trying to fix it last week.

Problem is... I can't. I've pieced it all back together following guides on youtube, but no success.

What I ask of you now is: Can I post it to a seasoned veteran, a member of this forum, for repair?

I'm willing to pay postage to, and from you, and a small fee for the repair if you want.

Cheers,

Camm

Re: Please fix my 1911!

Hello Rob, why don't you try giving us a detailed description of the fault before considering sending it off to others. Perhaps it is something we can advise you to fix over the forum.

Comment

+1, it could be something so simple and easy. Give us the symptoms and what it does/doesnt do then we shall try to help, could save you a bit of money too.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

This was the original problem - http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...light=CammRobb which I tried to fix. Just not working. I really wanna get this fucker working again, cause it's a loveeeeeely gun!

Comment

Well, if none of those things on that thread, or the others referred to there, fixes it, I can only think something is damaged, like a worn sear or (less likely) the notches on the hammer.

Comment

It's a really easy fix its the hammer sear which has worn or broken that's causing the problem as WE pistols use horrible cheap metal. The last WE 3.8 i fixed had this problem i just swapped the sear with a TM one along with a new leaf spring was only a 20min fix.

Comment

Riiiiight, I jiggled the sear about a bit, and now the gun seems to be cocking. Although, there's a problem with the trigger safety, (the bit at the back of the grip? I think that's the trigger safety) which is causing the gun problems when firing. Even when the trigger safety is pushed all the way in, it's only firing sometimes.

Comment

Could be the small leaf spring in the back not being situated correctly, that can also cause the hammer to not stay cocked as well!
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CammRobb Find out more about CammRobb
                Working...
                X