Make my DSR-1 look Sub-Sonic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make my DSR-1 look Sub-Sonic?

I'm looking for ways to make my ARES DSR-1 as it comes, to look like a sub-sonic, simply because i love the look and it might help in the field when it makes most noist loading a bb.

would the best course of action be to get it modified?
    This is my prized possesion, so thats why i could do with technical advice.

Best regards
    Scott.

What do you actually mean by 'sub-sonic'?
    Originally posted by Bluegill
    5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Re: Make my DSR-1 look Sub-Sonic?

This is the DSR-1 Subsonic

Asahi WA2000
      WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

Ah right, was just a bit confused by the ''might help in the field when it makes most noist loading a bb'' bit
        Originally posted by Bluegill
        5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Surely the reak 'DSR-1 Subsonic' is just the same rifle as the DSR-1 but designed to fire subsonic ammunition most effectively. In that sense there really is nothing you can do to make an airsoft version 'subsonic.'

In the picture you've posted it seems that you've got a DSR-1 with the standard barrel removed and a different barrel with suppressor/silencer as standard.

What is it you're hoping to achieve exactly? Do you just mean you want the sort of barrel that's shown in the picture?
          102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

the one like wolfgeorge has posted as a flash pic
            I don't mind the weight or any thing in that sense, but you buy a bb gun because you like the look of it right?, so i'de love to convert mine to have a sub-sonic look.. even if the bolt action noise remains i know the thicker barrel will look good , thats what i want, somebody said it would cost £4000 to convert it, but i didn't think he ment to bb, or maybe i wasn't clear enough when a asked if he could do a bb sub-sonic version

can i buy thick barrells for example or unscrew the end and put over a silencer or suppressor?

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgeorge View Post
              This is the DSR-1 Subsonic
              So how do i get my DSR-1 to look like that?

Comment

What is it you're hoping to achieve exactly? Do you just mean you want the sort of barrel that's shown in the picture?[/QUOTE]

Exactly, like i said you buy the bb gun you think looks cool, since i discovered the sub-sonic, i would love it to look that way even if i need to buy a new barrel, it just looks cooler than the standard version.

Comment

What parts look different?

Well, the barrel looks different... Maybe change the outer barrel, or fit a large piece of tubing over the whole thing?

What more information were you expecting to get in a thread like this?

Comment

Looks like you'd need to get some tubing, get it blackened then make some custom spacers etc to go over the outer barrel.

The subsonic is basically one long silencer down to the receiver by the looks of it but I would keep the stock outer barrel on as its what the gun is designed to take then take off the flash hider and make it to a silencer cap on the end of the tube.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                      What parts look different?

Well, the barrel looks different... Maybe change the outer barrel, or fit a large piece of tubing over the whole thing?

What more information were you expecting to get in a thread like this?
                      Not sarcasm thats for damn sure, just friendly advise, although overall some good idea's i can take the metal sculting part to a guy in my uni, draw up measurements or a schematic but you didn't think it was worth a decent reply like that did you.

Comment

I don't think B.E.N. was being sacrcastic, just confused about what you want.

The difference between a real steal DSR-1 and a real steel DSR-1 'Subsonic' is only internally that the rifling of the barrel is different and externally that the whole barrel seems to be one giant suppessor.

The difference in airsoft is that you can buy a DSR-1, but nobody makes a DSR-1 'Subsonic' or anything resembling a conversion kit.

This means that if you want to make your DSR look like a 'subsonic' the two easiest options are those that B.E.N. stated: "Maybe change the outer barrel, or fit a large piece of tubing over the whole thing."

Failing that, if you have the time, money or skill get a custom outel barrel made, but don't spend too much because it's not going to improve the rifle in any way internally.
                        102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

A 32mm suppressor slides right over the flash hider. ( cheap as chips ) Three 'joined' together will give the length needed. The diameter is a little larger than the existing cylindrical heat shield so would need to cut a little section away at the part where the shield meets the action of the rifle. You would need to drill out the forend bracket to suit the new sleeve but I would not do this prefering to keep the original and make a replacement. That way the rifle could be returned to original if needed. The new forend could be made in wood and painted, perhaps with rubberised paint.

Comment

Can i get that link to the 32mm suppressor Tin?

Comment

If you want the look of the pic I've upload the you should do some serious modding. You should cut the handguard change the barrel... and IMHO it looks bad! I like the look of the stock DSR. But it's yours and you can do whatever you want with it.

George

Asahi WA2000
                              WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DSR-1 Lively, Looking to swap or sell goods. network with other Airsoft Players. Find out more about DSR-1
                              Working...
                              X