Extremely poor gas economy, 1911 Marui

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extremely poor gas economy, 1911 Marui

Whilst commenting in the dead zone at UA about the poor gas economy of my two 1911's, someone commented that there was an amount of gas venting out the rear and ejection port of the pistols every time I fired them.

He went on to explain how this could be worn seals in the blowback housing bit at the very back of 1911's, so upon hearing this, I went on to dismantle one of them to that very part and found the ONE o-ring in there was fat and saturated... Not deteriorated in the least.

Is this extremely bad gas economy really down to overtly slim mags or am I missing something here. Also before any mention of cool down, I am still averaging about 15 rounds in warm conditions.

Re: Extremely poor gas economy, 1911 Marui

what do you mean by bad gas consumption? what temperture where you playing what gas were you using? during the summer i'll get 2/3 mags worth with one gas charge. when you get down to 10 12 degres i get mag and half tops.
    Reformed Pacifist

Comment

15 rounds in "warm" conditins is very poor - I get at least a full mag (23?) in 0C (very not warm) with green on my stock TM M1911A1.

Comment

strip the gas parts down so that you can remove the piston and cylinder head. the most likely problem is it may be really dirty. or, the rubberseal around the outside of the cylinder head may too thick for the piston, or even the piston may have a crack in it. it may be none of these in which case, phone the pros

hope this helps.
        Gear and accessors for sale! http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=122550

sigpic
        flame + hairspray = fun

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

iNK Find out more about iNK
        Working...
        X