Gas everywhere!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas everywhere!

I was wondering why my gun has gas coming out the end of the barrel, the ejection port and back of the slide?

Any ideas? :D

Re: Gas everywhere!

hmm. Well thinkin about it thats what it should be doing? :D would you deem it to be excessive gas?
    You Know When You've Been Deagled!

Comment

If you don't know, fine.

Comment

- gun is too cold - excessive firing
        - crappy silicone filled gas brands
        - over filling the mag

thats pretty much all the things i can come up with

solutions

- dont fire the gun rapidly (if you are that is)

- buy a pure gas brand and then just top if up with 134a at the end of a skirmish for lubrication (hfc green gas / green bottle with mp5 on the side) - makes the gun work better, more crisp, gun dosnt get as cold and splutter silicone

- dont completly fill the mags - nearly fill them - as when you completly fill a mag the first few shots splutter gas out the bits you mentioned

that should about do it (hopefully)

Comment

Haha, Yep. Sounds right!

Gun too cold and cheap ebay gas!

Thanks for that COD.

Comment

This pretty much always happens. The above things can be the cause. To reduce this in an otherwise fine gun, there's a number of methods. Improving the seal between the gas lip on the top of the mag, and the blow-back chamber/loading nozzle part, will reduce the gas escaping from there. That's the main part to cause leeks. Leave it overnight in silicone. Simple. Not 100% necessary, but it helps a little if you feel you need it. The piston head can often be to blame for gas coming out the back end of the gun. There are plenty of replacements available. I'd recommend the NineBall DYNA. Use the piston lid, but the spring is entirely optional. It increases FPS at the expence of kick power, and economy. It basically allows more gas to flow down the barrel, and stops it from building up as powerfully in the blowback chamber. I wouldn't use it.
            One last cause, in extreme cases, could be the hop up rubber. If it's really past it's best, and really only when the barrels cloged up too, it can allow the gas to release backwards from the hop chamber while firing. I've seen this be a problem once, in a very, very dirty P226, with a tattered old hop rubber. When repalced, it made the world of difference.
            sigpic
            Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
            I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Originally posted by owainthegreat View Post
              Haha, Yep. Sounds right!

Gun too cold and cheap ebay gas!

Thanks for that COD.
              i had a look on ebay and inc post that gas seems expensive!!
              i pay £8 at my local site,which dont seem too bad.
              old trader rating link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10627

Comment

by cheap gas i meant crap gas

Good gas - hfc green gas - green bottle mp5 on the side (crisp, powerful)
                Crap gas - the mass sold white bottle with bluish label (watery, splutter, crap)

They are the same price so go for the hfc stuff - i 100 percent recommend it

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bravotwozero Eyes on. Find out more about bravotwozero
                Working...
                X