TM MEU Vs. 1911 Parts Compatability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM MEU Vs. 1911 Parts Compatability

I am just wondering if all the 1911 parts will fit the MEU pistol?

I have 2 Hi Capa 5.1's but I dislike them now, so I wanted to try something new.

So yes, if I was to purchase say a silver back grip panel would it work on the MEU?

Thanks for your help

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Re: TM MEU Vs. 1911 Parts Compatability

Yes it would, sight and beaver tails are the only things that differ.
    The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Hmm.. The main concern is that I am thinking about purchasing a MEU in replace of my Hi Capa 5.1's so I can get a Fobus or Serpa holster..

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

errm in terms of internal, blowback unit won't fit straight out of the packet, you'll have to cut a little bit off for them to fit.. and if it's grip panel you're thinking about, silver back grip will dig into the slide release a little bit, preventing you from using it easily, but that's not a big problem, nothing a pair of pliers can't do.

Comment

Yes parts from 1911 will fit a meu apart from the dove tail. The silver back grip panel will fit as its the same frame as a 1911 apart from the front checkering

Comment

In general, take it as a rule of thumb that nothing that was meant for the TM will fit the WE without modification.
            I think that's the best way to go about it, and if you're not up to modifying it then don't try because you'll just be disappointed.
            The WE is just a bit wider than the TM, I'm fairly sure of that.
            There are a whole buncha things that I don't like about the WE, one being the hammer will sometimes catch on the blowback unit when you rack the slide, and other people seem to have this problem too. I don't know about the rest of you but I'm not happy with the WE paint either... Or the fact that you have to modify the slide catch to make it work 100% of the time.

It's a budget pistol really, and needs some work doing to it before it really works well, but after it's been sorted out then it'll work just as reliably as it's TM counterpart, if not better.

P.S. The socom gear MEU has the same faults as the WE, because it's the same pistol but with some 'trades' added.

EDIT: Lol, totally didn't see that you said 1911 and not WE... but if you replace WE with 1911 and TM with MEU then it works anyway
            Last edited by Cerbo Knight; 22 April, 2011, 23:04. Reason: I'm a retard and can't read :)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Shinotama Human, Mil-Sim Airsofter Find out more about Shinotama
            Working...
            X