RA-Tech PDW Venting All Mags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RA-Tech PDW Venting All Mags

Hi guys, brought the new RA-Tech WE PDW a couple of months ago. Only to find that on the third game with the weapon each of the mags vented on the first trigger pull. The vendor has looked at the mags and can't find any fault.

Can anyone offer any technical advice please?
    Paul Sticks

Re: RA-Tech PDW Venting All Mags

Check the valve is ok and still open, also check its all nice and lubed up inside, they hate being dry! HATE it lol.

loads of silicone lol

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

A little lube is good but not loads . or it will get gunged up . The problem sounds like the bolt is not cycling back to draw the hammer back from the mag valve .
      This can be caused by a few issues from broken spring in the trigger meck to the nozzle getting jammed in the feed before the hop , also the bolt could be jamming somewhere ,
      Strip the gun down and clean all the components . if you know someone else with the same gun swap components till you find the culprit , take pictures with your camera as you go it will help later when you reassemble.

cheers Jamie

Comment

Check part #66 in the trigger group.
        They are known to cause this when they break.

Comment

Have you recently fitted an npas?
          Originally posted by Bluegill
          5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Originally posted by oneshot187 View Post
            Have you recently fitted an npas?
            It came from RA-Tech with the NPAS fitted. Does this tend to cause a problem?
            Paul Sticks

Comment

First thing to check is the NPAS. If it comes loose it causes this to happen. If it is loose you'll need to put some loctite on the thread of the rod to make sure it doesn't work itself loose easy again. Then check the hammer sear for wear. It could be the hammer not resetting itself properly.

Comment

Originally posted by djpaulsticks View Post
                It came from RA-Tech with the NPAS fitted. Does this tend to cause a problem?
                Basically as hunter said

I forgot to ask if its an open or closed bolt? If its a closed, the npas tends to come with a slightly too fat oring which causes the nozzle to stick and vent. Thats only in a closed tho.
                Originally posted by Bluegill
                5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Originally posted by oneshot187 View Post
                  Basically as hunter said

I forgot to ask if its an open or closed bolt? If its a closed, the npas tends to come with a slightly too fat oring which causes the nozzle to stick and vent. Thats only in a closed tho.
                  No, it's the open bolt version. Abbey Gun Grease seems to have it firing without the venting issue, however, it doesn't always seem to take the feed from the mag, therefore dry-firing. Any thoughts?
                  Paul Sticks

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

djpaulsticks Airsofting, Goth DJ Find out more about djpaulsticks
                  Working...
                  X