M9 vertec gas problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M9 vertec gas problem

I'm not sure whats wrong, the gun or the mag.

When you gas up the mag independenty it hold gas, but you will only get 1 - 2 shots and its empty

When you put the mag in the gun and gas up the gas just comes streight out the top of the mag

When you gas up the mag in the gun but with the hammer back it holds gas, but you only get 1 or two shots.

Any ideas?

Re: M9 vertec gas problem

It states in the manual you're not meant to gas the mag while it's in the gun. The way the gun works, means without pressure holding the mag valve closed, the valve will be opened by the gun, unless the gun is in a cocked state. You still shouldn't gas it while it's in the gun, it's just bad practice.

What make is the M9? How long are you gassing it for, what gas are you useing?
    sigpic
    Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
    I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Ah, well im new to all this. No the problem was there before I did that, it just seems to let all the gas out in one go when i fire the first shot, it may fire a few shots after that but there weak.

Its a KJW and its 2nd hand, but chris says it was working fine beforehand.

Comment

Renner, it did work beforehand, when i filled it, i only had to refill again every 2-3 mags. Nothing could have happened to it in the mail, because it was couriered in a metal case. I also made sure their was no gas left in the mag, which means that u had to have filled the mag.

Comment

You've still got 2 of my questions to answer.
          sigpic

Comment

KJW M9 vertec, gassing for about 5 seconds, green

Comment

It'll probably hold more than 5 seconds worth of gas. You should be gassing it, until no gas seems to flow in, rather than till gas starts coming out. Gas will come out even when it's not full.

Edit: And gas it in 2-3 second bursts, giving the gas can some rest time, so the nozzle doesn't freeze up, that'll control the amount of gas spitting out.
              sigpic

Comment

According to chris the mag is fucked so looking for replacments now

Comment

I didnt say that mate, i just told you where to get a KSC mag, because i dont know where to get valves.

Comment

Seems to be working better now, gets through about 3/4 of the mag before refill need. I think, however, the noozle of the can i have may ne dodgy

Comment

It wont be renner its a new can bought just this week, well last wk

Comment

Are you warming the mags up before you gas it. I find with cheaper M9 Variants this helps out alot. Put it under your leg for 5 mins while sitting down. Also soak the fill valve o-ring in silisone lube. These 2 remedies fixed the problem i had with mine

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Renner Find out more about Renner
                        Working...
                        X