Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we scar/vfc eglm compatability problem

Hi,

I recently bought the vfc eglm for my we scar. After searching long on the internet to make sure that the eglm was compatable with we (which it is) I decided to buy the grenade launcher.

Unfortunately the grenade launcher does not lock into position correctly. When it locks into position it is a little too far forward and does not allow the mag to enter the magwell.

So after this I decided to put the mag in and then place the grenade launcher over this to try and allign it correctly. It locks into position fine with the mag in but as soon as I go to change mags the grenade launcher falls off as if it wasn't even latched on in the first place.

Just wondered if anyone has encountered this same kind of problem with their vfc eglm and we scar?

I have the standalone version eglm so would like to try to fix the problem
    without having to mod the launcher too much (if at all) so that it still attaches to the standalone frame.

Just don't understand why its not attaching correctly when everywhere I've looked says its perfectly compatable. Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated.

If you need something else explained or I haven't explained clearly enough feel free to ask.

Thanks.

Re: we scar/vfc eglm compatability problem

How strange! Are you perfectly sure yo have pushed it right back on the rail, as theres nothing on a we scar that can get in the way. i have an EGLM and it fitted perfectly on my we scar.

Could you take some pictures of the rail when its connected and whats stopping it from going all the way back?

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

Thanks for replying to this thread.Appreciate it.

Ok,here's a few pictures to helps.

This is the bottom rail to my WE Scar

[IMG]F:\DCIM\100PHOTO\SAM_0639.JPG[/IMG]

This is the part on the eglm which attaches to the rail

F:\DCIM\100PHOTO\SAM_0640.JPG

This is where the grenade launcher fixes perfectly with the bottom rail. It's slightly too far forward (only by about a millimetre or two) The magwell is also shown out of alignment and the mag does not fit.

[IMG]F:\DCIM\100PHOTO\SAM_0641.JPG[/IMG]

[IMG]F:\DCIM\100PHOTO\SAM_0642.JPG[/IMG]

[IMG]F:\DCIM\100PHOTO\SAM_0643.JPG[/IMG]

As you can hopefully see the mag doesn't fit.

So I put the mag in first and then placed the eglm over the top like so;

[IMG]F:\DCIM\100PHOTO\SAM_0644.JPG[/IMG]
      [IMG]F:\DCIM\100PHOTO\SAM_0645.JPG[/IMG]

The tabs that you use to attach the eglm were quite hard to shut at this point and required a bit of pressure. Not sure if that's normal?

After taking the mag out though the eglm just comes away from the bottom rail like so, but the tabs are still closed.

[IMG]F:\DCIM\100PHOTO\SAM_0646.JPG[/IMG]
      F:\DCIM\100PHOTO\SAM_0647.JPG
      If I'm holding the gun in the air as you normally do when changing mag the eglm just falls to the ground.

I left the mag in and the eglm attached overnnight and it stayed on for a couple of mag changes before working its way loose again but I wouldn't trust it on a gameday.

Don't understand why mine seems to be the only one that doesn't fit.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Damn pics haven't uploaded! Haven't uploaded any pics here before (not a simple copy and paste task lol). If you know how to upload pics let me know and will try again but hope my more detailed explanations help a bit more. Thanks again.
      Last edited by Chris Jarrold; 2 May, 2011, 14:22. Reason: pics aren't showing

Comment

Go to photobucket.com mate and join up then upload the pics there, will sort it out

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

Hi, thanks for that. Here's the pics in order from previous post.

Hope that helps with figuring out the problem. Cheers for the help.

Comment

See the 2 rail slots near the rear if the eglm, they might be the cause if the problem, as they are probably not seating in the rail when its fully back where it should be. Try undoing the rail and turning it round, will probably do sod all but try everything. Mine doesn't have them seats, mine is flat the whole way along.

Comment

hi,

changed the lower rail on the we scar so that it was on the other way like you suggested and the eglm now seems to attach fine. Took mags in and out and still on there strong. No wobble like previously. Don't know how it worked as it seems to be the same dimensions whichever way its on but it did work so I won't complain lol.

Would ust like to say a big thankyou for your help. Appreciate it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chris Jarrold Find out more about Chris Jarrold
              Working...
              X