"Open Bolt"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Open Bolt"??

(heading boldly firmly back on topic......engage!)

Does the GBB open bolt give any real performance increase?
    I reckon (this is far from an educated guess) that in a way it will aid with minimising cooldown making the gun perform better in colder conditions. I have heard that the open bolt ones seem to perform better, but not owning one that is possibly speculation until someone clarifies.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

That sounds like a pretty good explanation you gave earlier. Air flow in may well be enough to keep everything at a reasonably good temperature.

What it reminded me of was cold water diving. Normally you test your reg before going into the water, but if the air temperature is low you drop a couple of meters down and then try it. If all's ok, you carry on with the dive and if there's a problem you can surface easily. The reason you do it that way is that your breath contains water vapour and, at low temperatures, the sudden cool-down from high pressure air being fed through the reg can make the moisture freeze. Under water, the ambient temperature will be a few degrees warmer and there's plenty of it to absorb the cooling effect.

[That was a very long-winded explanation of why I believe that open bolt/chamber/brass tube-less systems may be better at low temperatures!]
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
        Does the GBB open bolt give any real performance increase?
        I reckon (this is far from an educated guess) that in a way it will aid with minimising cooldown making the gun perform better in colder conditions. I have heard that the open bolt ones seem to perform better, but not owning one that is possibly speculation until someone clarifies.
        Open bolt performs better as there is no brass tube to cooldown, keeping the overall gun temperature up.

Ive heard from a few CB users (purcy being one) about how on full auto there CB system slows drasticaly after a short time, with OB the only significant slow down is just as the mag is about to vent.

Comment

Sorted Id say, it looks funky, it performs better and all round I want one more.:D
          section 24 of the 1968 Act
          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

No1_sonuk Find out more about No1_sonuk
          Working...
          X