TM G17 slide locked back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM G17 slide locked back

Hi - I'm trying to fix this gun on behalf of a friend and we think that the trigger was pulled while the slide was back.

And from what I have read and researched the hammer is now in the uncocked position which is preventing the slide from returning to its original position.

Because the slide will not move forward - it cant be disassembled. However there is a lot of instruction saying that the hammer can be manually pulled back with a piece of wire or a toothpick however I am not having much luck as I am not sure on the location of the hammer or which direction it should be pulled/pushed in order to let the slide move forward again.

I need some help/instruction on how to go about doing this.

Re: TM G17 slide locked back

Nobody?

Comment

I have added a video of the problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VA5Dw7gTRU

Comment

No experience on Glocks, but I would say obviously the hammer will travel backwards so as the slide comes back it pushes it to the cocked position, but that position isnt its full extension so there is some play on it, so I would say the hammer is located towards the rear of the lower part of the pistol, if you try the card or wire which evers easiest for you, try from the rear of the pistol and aim for the centre of it (looking at it as if aiming) then try and get it to disengage that way, if not try and go from the side and pass the wire/card through to the other side (near the back again) and sweep it backwards slowly to try and release the hammer.
        Give that a go, I cant say it will work as I have no experience with Glocks, but it might do.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Hey thanks for the reply - I have tried going in from the back but it doesnt seem to be working and I think the slide rails on the side will prevent me from trying to sweep backwards

Comment

The plastic tm glock slide is quite flexible. When this happened with mine I just pryed it off the rails. If you break it, replacement slides are cheap from hk.

Comment

see your PM

Comment

check your personal email

Comment

old_and_slow you beautiful man (or woman?) you.

Got it working. The detailed pictures and instructions really helped. thanks to everyone who gave input or advice.

However I have just noticed while writing this that the magazine release button has fallen out and will release a mag but wont reset itself after being pushed in.

Am I right in assuming I have lost a very very important spring somewhere?

Comment

you are right and I is no lady lol

check your PM again

Comment

again - I love you.

I thought that part g17-29 was broken, however it has just slid down into the handle - pulled it out with some tweezers and replaced it where it should go.

And thanks for the parts list - looks like it is supposed to be that shape and not broken at all! Gun is fixed. thanks guys.

Comment

Ok the glock has developed another problem

When the trigger is pulled, the gun doesnt fire and the trigger stays in the pulled back position and doesnt return like its stuck.

Any help rectifying this?

Comment

Sorry to double (triple :S) post but I cant find the edit button.

it would appear that the hammer at the back is not moving when the trigger is pulled, the whole motion of pulling the trigger is really gritty.

Comment

You have probably bent the trigger bar, bend it back into shape so it moves freely.

Comment

ok, which part on this diagram is the trigger bar?

http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/l...partslist1.jpg

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Karnus Find out more about Karnus
                              Working...
                              X