Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does this bit go?

Hi all,

the other day, whilst in the mood to take stuff apart, i took my m9 apart, now when putting it back togther i cant figure out how this little metal spring thing goes in or lives.

From what i can gather it seems to push the black metal thing up.

(Sorry i have no idea what im on about)

But anyways its the silver metal bit in the pic.

If you know how this goes please let me know, ive pretty much tried everything i can think of.

Thanks
    Bust a move.

sigpic

Re: Where does this bit go???

This is the most asked M9 question there is! :D

You've got the spring in the right place. There should be a thin 'notch' on the bottom part of the bar above the spring. The spring just sits in there to lift the bar.
    102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Well thats one problem solved however it hasnt fixxed what i thought it would, now the gun only seems to be single action, i can pull done the hammer and pull the triger and everthings fine however if i pull tirgger as if i t was double action it dosent do anything.

anyideas anyone?

The only thing ive changed about the gun is the grips from the tac master ones to normal ones as i now have the tac master ones on my other m9.
      Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Longshot View Post
        This is the most asked M9 question there is! :D

You've got the spring in the right place. There should be a thin 'notch' on the bottom part of the bar above the spring. The spring just sits in there to lift the bar.
        ^ This - before I even read it was an M9 I guessed it would be... That spring is the most annoying airsoft bit I have ever encountered; lost it for about 20 minutes after dismantling my mate's M92F... Not happy
        Others till I die

Comment

Not sure about that next problem of the top of my head. If you get no help tonight I'll try and route out my old M9 tomorrow and take a look inside.

Just for clarity, when you try and pull the trigger for double action what does the trigger do exactly? Does it give resistence but just not move the hammer, or what?

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

the trigger moves all the way to the back but dosent move the hammer at all,

thanks for the help
            Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

Right, got mine open in front of me now.

The only thing I can suggest at first glance is to take the spring out for a second and make sure that that bar is in the right way.

Looking at mine it seems to be the bar that is responsible for moving the hammer in double action, but only if the back section of the bar is in the correct place under the hammer mechanism.

I'd say take the spring out, fiddle with the bar until you can see it moving the hammer as the bar moves forward and then re-attach the spring if that works.

Comment

Ok so it seems after trying this (loosing and finding the springthing again lol) that the metal bar after one shot dosenst seem to go back to exactly where it should be. if i palce my finger on the bar adn pull the triger it seems fine, hover if i put the grips on and use it normally it goes back to being single action.
                Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

Hmm. That was the only other thing that I was thinking good be wrong, i.e. that the bar is falling out of sync - without the grips on mine it starts to do that after I pull the trigger a few times.

However with the spring pushing the bar up and the grips pushing it in there shouldn't be a problem, in theory. That said my old M9 design and yours might not be exactly the same, but the grips should still do the trick. Have you tried it with the Tac Master grips back on? Perhaps there is something that is specific to their design that means they are required to do the job on that specific pistol?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rogue9 I am, a Wargasmer Find out more about Rogue9
                  Working...
                  X