How to check for a gas leak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to check for a gas leak?

I bought a gun with 4 magazines and was told one of them has a gas leak. How can I tell which one it is?

TM m9 pistol mags

Thanks

Re: How to check for a gas leak?

Should hear and feel it when you fill it up.

If you are confident enough to be able to fully strip and rebuild it, you could (but I personally wouldn't) fill it and place it under water...
    'Smurf's Tours of Duty

ATR Winchester, 2 Regt AAC, 654 Sqn 4 Regt AAC, Cmd Tp, 4 Regt AAC, 216 Parachute Signals Sqn, HQ 16 Air Assualt Brigade, 668 (trg) Sqn AAC, 5 Regt (NI) AAC, JHF(NI) Operations, FSW Ops Sqn

Currently 1 (UK) Civ Div

Comment

as above.put a bit of gas in it and see where it leaks from.buy yourself a valve key to maintain your mags and some silicone grease and oil to do all the seals.

Comment

Yea its simple. Fill them all up and the one that makes a hissing sound is leaking.

Luke
        When I:

Buy: I live in Guernsey, but postage is the same as to the UK - see Royal Mail website

Sell: I will only hold a sale item for a MAXIMUM of 1 week PROVIDED THAT a 20% deposit (of full asking price) is paid within 24 hours of the request.

Comment

Found it, thanks ;D

Comment

Personally I gob on it and look for bubbles - If you ever buy a second hand GBB from me give the mag a wash first :D
            JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

Spit n' Bubble

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Callirye Find out more about Callirye
              Working...
              X