Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM G18c GBB Extended Mag..

Right, so here's the sitrep:

Bought brand spanking new 49 round extended magazines. Now the seals would be dried out so I left them submerges in brake fluid for a good 24 hours. Took 'em out earlier today, wiped them down, etc, etc... Now then, filled them with gas and hey presto, no leaks, in fact it sounds like there's nothing going in, now I know there's gas being held in because when I press the release valve, it all spurts out and there's a lot of it. Can live with that, the real problem though is that when I fill the magazines and ready them for firing, they make a pathetic little pop when fired and barely any gas is being used to fire the bb, in effect the slide does not move at all and the bb rolls out the end of the barrel.

It works perfectly fine with my standard 25 round magazine, proper gas release and blowback, just these damn extendeds don't want to play ball.

Any ideas on what's up with them and how to fix them so they work properly? That and any upgrades to the gun to help, the gun is stock if that helps!

Cheers in advance!
    sigpic

Re: TM G18c GBB Extended Mag..

Are they the AABB ones... not heard great things about them!

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
      Are they the AABB ones... not heard great things about them!
      That's the ones, they're kinda temperamental, anything, just give me anything please oh please. Even if I can get 1 to work properly I'd be pleased!
      sigpic

Comment

What gas are you using in them? A combination of higher-pressure gas and the slightly weak hammer springs of Tokyo Marui pistols could cause it to not push in the valve far enough and to not release enough gas to cycle it properly.

Try taking out the release valve, and see how easily you can push it in. If it's a bit stiff try lubing it a bit, then try putting it back together again.
        Others till I die

Comment

Originally posted by ElCarl View Post
          What gas are you using in them? A combination of higher-pressure gas and the slightly weak hammer springs of Tokyo Marui pistols could cause it to not push in the valve far enough and to not release enough gas to cycle it properly.

Try taking out the release valve, and see how easily you can push it in. If it's a bit stiff try lubing it a bit, then try putting it back together again.

I was about to say the very same.

OP, I have a Glock 26c and I find that sometimes if I fill the mags to the brim (whatever you define as 'the brim' in a mag reservoir) the hammer spring does not have enough force to even budge the valve properly, resulting in a pellet being fired but no blowback.

Quite frustrating really, I haven't tried replacing the hammer springs but I would say that's a good place to start...

EDIT: OP, since you have these mags I'd like to take this opportunity (whence your mag is fixed) to ask how many rounds you get out of that mag as I am only getting about 25 rounds, thus neutralizing the point of having a 50 round mag.

I'm sure this will become a running joke with me, I can't count how many times on this forum I've inquired about not getting through a full charge of gas on numerous mags...

Comment

Originally posted by ElCarl View Post

Ok, I'll try that later on today when I'm more in the mood to try to take apart these mags again. Will report back when it's done. Cheers!

Originally posted by iNK View Post
            I was about to say the very same.

OP, I have a Glock 26c and I find that sometimes if I fill the mags to the brim (whatever you define as 'the brim' in a mag reservoir) the hammer spring does not have enough force to even budge the valve properly, resulting in a pellet being fired but no blowback.

Quite frustrating really, I haven't tried replacing the hammer springs but I would say that's a good place to start...

EDIT: OP, since you have these mags I'd like to take this opportunity (whence your mag is fixed) to ask how many rounds you get out of that mag as I am only getting about 25 rounds, thus neutralizing the point of having a 50 round mag.

I'm sure this will become a running joke with me, I can't count how many times on this forum I've inquired about not getting through a full charge of gas on numerous mags...
            Well if lubing up and loosing the release valve slightly doesn't work then I think upgrading the hammer spring may be my only choice, that or just buying 2 spare standards and not using full auto too much to the point where I need a 50 rd mag! If I can get the mags to work I'll fill em up and see how many I get in one gas charge, I get the feeling we'll both be laughing stocks for the same problem!

Thanks for all the help, will report back later!
            sigpic

Comment

Forgot to mention, the gas I'm using is propane and it turns out that after lubricating the release valves to the point where they are easier to push in, the problem remains.

It seems to work perfectly on the standard 25 round mag that came with the gun... Just seems that it doesn't want to play ball with the 50 rounders, any other solutions that doesn't include upgrading the hammer spring? Mainly because doing that is one hell of a b*tch!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kagedwolf View Post
                Forgot to mention, the gas I'm using is propane and it turns out that after lubricating the release valves to the point where they are easier to push in, the problem remains.

It seems to work perfectly on the standard 25 round mag that came with the gun... Just seems that it doesn't want to play ball with the 50 rounders, any other solutions that doesn't include upgrading the hammer spring? Mainly because doing that is one hell of a b*tch!
                Since it's propane it's likely the hammer spring that's the issue... Maybe wait and see if someone else has any other ideas on what to do, if you're unwilling to change it.
                Others till I die

Comment

Ok, new development, the hammer is definitely light striking one of the magazines, it works fine on the other now. I can live with the fact that it's not blowing back on one mag straight away with a full gas charge as the bb still gets decent range and so on.

Originally posted by iNK View Post

EDIT: OP, since you have these mags I'd like to take this opportunity (whence your mag is fixed) to ask how many rounds you get out of that mag as I am only getting about 25 rounds, thus neutralizing the point of having a 50 round mag
                  Having now tested both magazines on a full gas charge, I'm estimating about 85-90 rounds per each magazine, although it does fluctuate from about 25 in the negative direction.

I guess its better than nothing, still looks cool as hell with the extended in, so I'm pleased about that at least :D
                  sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kagedwolf Airsoft enthusiast Find out more about Kagedwolf
                  Working...
                  X