WE Luger leakage? Or other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE Luger leakage? Or other?

Hi guys, was wondering whether you can help me out.

Have been tasked with fixing a so-called leaking Luger Pistol magazine. However, I have re-lubed the o-rings although there wasn't much of a leak, if any at all, present in the first place.

What's the problem? I "fully" loaded the magazine up with propane, but was only able to fire 4 rounds off. It also seems like there's a lot of gas leaving from the front of the gun.

Any solutions? As I said, I don't think the o-rings/ leaking is a problem, more likely the magazine just can't accept enough gas.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Re: WE Luger leakage? Or other?

I have had a few of these now and one thing i have noticed on some of them is the striker hits the mag value with a good old whack. I dont know if it could be related but if it hits too hard surely it will dump more gas and could explain excess gas coming from the barrel. Have a look at the mag valve where the striker hits, is there any denting/deformation?

Comment

Actually, there is. The dent is only shallow, but its there.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

if you can get hold of one try a tanaka hammer spring.

Can you get hold of another mag?

Comment

Hmm, okay I'll recommend that to the owner.

And no, I don't have another mag with me, but may be able to get one when he collects. So it's the hammer spring then?

Comment

Quite possibly, i cant say 100% but if you can try another mag and it does it the same then i would say thats the most probable cause.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gaffa Nicknamed "Gaffa" because I can be bossy, but get the job done! I'm built for comfort, not speed... Find out more about Gaffa
            Working...
            X