Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Fobus

Hello people,

I Bought a fobus holster for my Glock 18c and it is a bit of a tight fit....take a bit of force to put it in and pull it out....wondering if anyone had any suggestions (my dads is to heat it up and stretch it........i was thinking of fileing of a few mill from the holster) any suggestions welcome.....also the mags are a bit tight in the mag holster.

Cheers, matt
    Armoury:
    Upgraded JG Bar 10
    KSC Glock 18C

Wanting a GBB Rifle, Preferably M4, or an AK47 Aeg Package. Pm me With Details.

Re: Help With Fobus

Sorry to state the obvious, but it's supposed to be a tight fit. Fobus holsters are passive retention, meaning there is no snap or catch, so they rely totally on gripping the weapon hard.

If you're finding it hard to make a quick draw, try spraying lightly with silicone and then rubbing dry. That's what I did with my Sig one. If you adjust it, you'll lose the weapon one day.
    sigpic

Comment

as far as i know the air-soft glocks are a few millimeter's wider than the real glock,i had big problems with mine to get it to fit, i unscrewed the bolt all the way out and added one or two rubber spacers , added a longer bolt and it seems to work one, still a bit tight tho, hope this helps

Comment

Ye but not as tight as this....i have to put all my strength into pulling the damn thing out....it comes off my belt!!!!!! lol
        Armoury:
        Upgraded JG Bar 10
        KSC Glock 18C

Comment

Added some Lube and worked better but still tight, anything else i can try????

Cheers, Matt
          Armoury:
          Upgraded JG Bar 10
          KSC Glock 18C

Comment

This works for walking boots and running shoes with a plastic heel cup, so it may work for this.

Put the holster in very hot water for a minute or two and then holster the pistol. In theory, the hot water should soften the plastic a little and allow it to mould itself around the gun a bit better. Obviously, take the holster out of the water before putting the gun in it...lol.

You're right, it should be tight, but not that tight. I sometimes forget that not all airsofts are 100% on dimensions!
            sigpic

Comment

thats a really good idea^^^

depending on hard hard the plastic is, try hotter water. the harder the hotter (sorry )

Comment

A hairdryer is also a very good option on the holster while the gun is holstered, just be careful not to heat the gun also!
                Systema PTW, Systema PTW, KSC MP7....ahh hell I lost count years ago.

Comment

Lol ye the gun DOES have a plastic slide and frame lol

Cheers, Matt
                  Armoury:
                  Upgraded JG Bar 10
                  KSC Glock 18C

Comment

Thanks alot guys the heating up and holstering worked wonders, thanks again for all your help.

Cheers, Matt
                    Armoury:
                    Upgraded JG Bar 10
                    KSC Glock 18C

Comment

A somewhat easier method of achieving the same effect is to holster the pistol and leave it all on top of a refrigerator. The heat rising from the back is often enough to have the same effect without being quite so sudden or vioent, in temperature terms.

Worth a try for anyone else having the problem with hard plastic holsters.
                      /9 out.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Matt007_1 Find out more about Matt007_1
                      Working...
                      X