Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas pistol mag repair help needed

hi guys
    not sure if this is the right place but is there anyone out there in the UK that can do repairs on gas pistol mags? ive got three that are leaking worse then you could believe and i have tried everything to fix them, also i believe my team mates may have a couple that are leaking too so anywhere that can help out would be great.
    if any once can help drop me a line to discuss please
    cheers
    millest

Millest's Mediocre Meanderings
    Millest's Ebay

Re: Gas pistol mag repair help needed

Have you dismantled them at all?
    Originally posted by Tiercel
    The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

its normally either the fill valve or the flow valve so around £3 for a fill valve or up to say £10 for a flow valve.

I have some kjw c02 mags that are new and seam to not work properly set up another thread but anyone with some know how on them can PM me if they want.

Id think with all the gbb pistols and rifles out there that there would be quite a few people out there now that know a lot about gas mags.
      sigpic
      Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

To be fair I've been told to leave my mags fully submerged in brake fluid overnight. fixes all the seals up like a charm, just remember to wash it off and clean the mags when you're done with a bit of warm water and then put some silicone over the release valve, etc. Worked a charm for my leaky mags, the seals are so good I can't hear gas going in apart from the noise the tank makes when it lets gas out of it :S
        sigpic

Comment

that would work for any contamination and parts that you cannot get to but you should not need that on a new mag. Strange I might try it but I hate brake fluid I do all I can to avoid it unless its dot 5 as dot 5 will not destroy paint and your clothes like other grades of brake fluid
          sigpic

Comment

it does depend when the leak is from, if from either valve, just remove and clean, good spray of silicon, if from base, try removing all gas, put in cup of hot water for 5-10 mins then re-gas that can push the seals back into place, if not remove base and turn seal over if usable or just replace

Comment

Have you tryed the ptfe tape? There's a thread all about it in the repair section.
              sigpic
              Armoury:Tm mp5/Ics m16/Spartac AK74U/Spartac AK pistol/m56c/Hfc m190/Tm m9 tactical master/Armourer works HX11/Dynatex BFG

Comment

Check where there leaking from and buy a small o ring set theres only a few places they can leak from.

1 is the fill valve theres 2 places that can leak from the main o-ring that gets compressed when you do it up and second if you open up the fill valve theres a tiny o-ring on the needle that you can change to stop the centre leaking but its not easy as its super tiny

2 is the flow valve the flow valve has 2 o-rings that it can leak from or the plunger/strike valve can be damaged or undone too much or done up too much or be sticking

1st find out what one of these is causing the problem and then if you can`t fix it message up and let us know whats wrong and maybe some pics and I`ll atleast see what advice I can give Im sure others will too.
                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

millest Find out more about millest
                Working...
                X