TM 1911 Night Warrior issues..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TM 1911 Night Warrior issues..

I was thinking the hop unit might be damaged, when you look down the barrel and adjust the hop does it work? (Can you see the nub moving inside the barrel)

Comment

Well at least someone can relate to it now!

I was always under the impression that TM GBB pistols were just slightly short of godlike? Can't say that's the case here!

Just taken some pictures of the hop/barrel with hop fully off and on. The nub looks pretty clear on the second picture.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...t/P1000832.jpg
      http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...t/P1000834.jpg
      sigpic

Comment

They normally are, hence i own so many lol! But all i can think is the hop rubber is borked for whatever reason, but when fully on it does look like its slighly misshapen to one side but that could just be light etc.

Have you got another hop rubber that you could swap into it? I know some tm pistol hops can be a bit of a pig to set, and need really fine tuning, we are talking like not even half a hop wheel tooth movement, my fn took me ages to set up, and if it was too much, crap rage etc, too little, crap range too.

but yeah, i would be going with the hop rubber if it was me, after turning the hop wheel one tooth at a time from full on to off and firing 4-5 shots per adjustment to test.

ALSO, check the hop adjusting bar that pushes the hop rubber is perfectly square, and not bent at all, so side on the top does bend up or down comparred to the leg that goes into the hop wheel

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

Now you say that, check out the photo below.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...t/P1000838.jpg

Look's like the adjustment bar is more on the left and right. Just taken the hop unit apart quickly - the rubber looks flawless. Tried to balance the bar out but it can't seem to get it to lay flat, even when I support it whilst re-screwing the hop unit together, as it seems to just revert back to it's slightly 'left-heavy' position.
          sigpic

Comment

As Danny said, they are usually pretty damn awesome. my hicapa was a gem.

The Night Warrior has been nothing but trouble... The trigger sticks and now this hop issue.

Comment

Originally posted by reb View Post
              As Danny said, they are usually pretty damn awesome. my hicapa was a gem.

The Night Warrior has been nothing but trouble... The trigger sticks and now this hop issue.
              Funny that, my trigger sticks on the occasional shot now since it's come back from Zero One. Sounds like we have like-for-like issues...

All in all - still have no idea what's wrong with it
              sigpic

Comment

Another update.

Definitely a problem in the slide, somewhere. Tested a brand new Night Warrior's slide on mine earlier and there was no problems at all.

Time to get an exchange! :D
                sigpic

Comment

send it to tm and see whether they can help

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hopewell Find out more about Hopewell
                  Working...
                  X