Ares AW338 CO2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ares AW338 CO2

I purchased this gun on this forum this time last year, and it's never worked properly. I had a retailer replace the bolt and theyve tried everything, but still cannot get the Fps above around 300, any suggestions welcome, even a retailer or someone who knows these guns would be helpful.

Re: Ares AW338 CO2

Nobody I,m shocked, surely I cant be the only one had this problem. Any help appreciatted guys.

Ian

Comment

Cant link you to anything, but try chroning pushing the mag up in the well.. If not that, there are a few technical things that may work but try that first
      Originally posted by Bluegill
      5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

already tried that mate, pretty good seating in the well, thanks for the response though.

Ian

Comment

take the bolt out, turn it upside down, if there is a little grub screw try adjusting that, not sure if they still have em on newer ones.

Have you got a gas mag, if so what does that chrono at?
          Originally posted by Bluegill
          5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Hi,

I have a CO2 powered AW338, what setup are you using, Coldshot, Begadi, CO2 Magazine?

Dave

Comment

Hi, it came with a Begdai kit and mag plus one regular co2 mag, the begadi kit was faulty so purchased a second co2 mag, using standard 12g bulbs. In frustration Ive just bought a new bolt action for GZ next month, if I get nowhere soon with the 338 then Ill reluctantly probably sell it on.

Comment

Still cant get this bugger above 350fps, doea anyone know of any individual or retailer who may be able to help.

Regards Ian

Comment

Ressurecting this one folks as its still gathering dust, looking for either a retailer or individual who knows their way round one of these beasts, any help or advice appreciatted.

Comment

it may be the valve on your magazine my friend, you might be running to high a pressure that the hammer cannot push they valve downenough to let enough gas out

Owner of DCS
                    (Doom custom shooters)
                    PM me for Custom work!

Comment

Another option would be to try swapping the bolt with another 338, that could at least isolate the problem , ares also do a spare 'high flow' gas valve, in stock on a certain fire proof website

Comment

unscrew the cylinder head from bolt and look down the nozzle. there may be a small restrictor valve that unscrews. theres an article about it here somewhere on the well versions, might also apply to the ares version.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ianliv Find out more about ianliv
                        Working...
                        X