WE 5.1 HI-Capa issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE 5.1 HI-Capa issues

I have a WE 5.1 Hi-Capa which i have recently been trying to fix the problem seems very small but i cant seem to work out what is wrong.

there is a small square of plastic on the back end of the inner barrel which has perished and fallen off, im pretty sure this was to stop the inner and outer barrels from separating when the slide is pulled back i have replaced this with a home-made solution (in the form of a small nut and bolt) however now the slide seems very stiff to pull back and wont click forwards again whilst the slide catch pin is in.

if the slide catch pin is taken out the slide will work as normal and with no issues

the final issue is the bb loader that is attached to the back of the slide this seems to be stiff and is causing a problem with the slide. when fire the slide will move half way back and get stuck

i am wondering if i would need to replace this part or if its fixable and also if there are any suggestions as to what i could use to sort out the missing plastic square as i believe this is a common issue with the WE models

thanks in advance (and apologies for the long thread)

Re: WE 5.1 HI-Capa issues

For your loading nozzle issue my advice would be to take it off making note of where things go if you haven't done it before give it a clean to free it from any dirt and grime and then lube with a little silicone spray. It should fix the problem if not I'd check the tiny little spring that is on top of the engine that is used to retract the loading nozzle.

For your slide not working properly or being very hard to cock check to see if there is any rubbing of parts from your nut and bolt combo as it could be digging into the slide and again a little bit of silicone spray never hurt anyone as long as you don't get it in your barrel or hop rubber!

If you're wanting to replace the black square and screw then I believe you should maybe look at getting a new outer barrel as it will probably come with a new bit. If you want my advice though I'd look at getting one of the airsoft surgeon barrels that are made for TM Hi Capas that have the outer and inner made of one piece. It improves accuracy by eliminating extra movement

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Angry Duck FTW Find out more about Angry Duck FTW
    Working...
    X