Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaky mags

Hey need a bit of help

ive got a WE scar, and the gas Mag has started to leak from the outlet valve just behind the bb feed.

i have no idea what to do as im new to GBB guns and the mag is only bout 2 days old.

Re: leaky mags

Try replacing the o ring and lubing it up

if not you will need to get a new outlet valve

Comment

Lube and lots of it.
      With the mag empty of gas press in the "button" on the back of the valve and either spray or drop some silicone into the valve thru the hole the gas comes out of on top of the mag.
      If you can try and get as much silicone inside the mag as you can.
      If you know how to get the mag apart I'd also recommend putting a healthy dose of lube inside it too.
      Leave it for the lube to soak in for an hour or so before trying to fill it again.

Sorry for the lack of technical terms. I've had a long day at work and my brain's melted a bit.

Comment

You can also take the o-rings out and leave them to soak in a container of silicone spray.

I had exactly the same problem with the gas reservoir on my shottie. I sprayed some silicone spray into an old film container and left the o-rings in there for a few hours. Solved the problem and you can still use the oil by wiping it onto the blow back parts.
        sigpic

Comment

Cannot stress enough, Pro seal silicone gasket. It's avail on ebay. Take out the offending leaking part. use the nozzle to make a new seal. Worked perfectly for me

Comment

Yes, but when the valve is leaking using silicone sealent will jam it completely.

With the WE top valves, you need to take it out, unpop the circlip, take the assembly apart and re-lubricate the seals, prefereably with something thicker than silicone oil, bearing in mind silicone oil is a degreaser and actually dries out very, very quickly, use something like motor oil, if the o-rings have actually shrunk put them in powersteering fluid overnight, they will expand slightly and seal better.
            Dboys KAC PDW - PEQ - Lipo - 2x midcaps - £150ono
            Classic Army B&T MP5A5 - Battery - 2x midcaps - £200ono
            2x Clone M9 GBB - 1 Mag Each - £50ea ono

Comment

Originally posted by Stealth1911 View Post
              put them in powersteering fluid overnight, they will expand slightly and seal better.
              But for God's sake, don't handle that stuff, it eats skin!
              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jonny357 Find out more about Jonny357
              Working...
              X