Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE M4 Charging Handle Compatibility

Afternoon Fellow Airsofters.

I am looking to buy a replacement Charging Handle for my WE version 2 (closed bolt) M4. I have heard that they accept the Systema PTW charging handle but would like to know if you lot would agree with this.

If you can confirm this either way that would be most appreciated.

Kind Regards

Re: WE M4 Charging Handle Compatibility

We are real steel compatible mate

So rs ones will fit in the m4, and yes system Ptw ones fit

Comment

ahh i see, many thanks. Much appreciated!

Comment

Have a read of the WE M4 guide wiki. Particularly this page;

http://wem4guide.wikidot.com/modifie...harging-handle

The RS ones need a small roll pin to be pressed into them in order to work with the CB version. The retailer mentioned in that post doesn't exist any more (sadly) but there is a guide as to how to do this mod elsewhere on the wiki.

Comment

WA/AGM ones can be made to fit, but they've got a slightly narrower channel. So you need to either file down the sides of the WE's bolt upper bearing roller housing (not advisable), or slightly dremel out the WA charging handle channel.

Be advised that the charging handle will now retract the bolt by pulling on the dummy gas tube/roller bearing housing, not the front of the bolt as usual (not a good idea for extended use).

WA handles are ten a penny though, and it might be useful to keep you going until you can source a new WE one. Especially when you remember that WE spares are often harder to find than rocking horse shite.

OOI WE ones can also be made to fit WA/AGM's (poorly), but you'll need to file off the little lugs on the side (at least on an AGM anyway). Dunno why anyone would want to though
          Don't tell the wife...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gunfighter6 Your arrogance is intolerable, and for that the rate just went up 10%! Find out more about gunfighter6
          Working...
          X