Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGM M4A1 Gas Blow Back Full Metal

Hello one and all,

Not may people would say no to a brand spanking new M4A1 GBBR, I being one of them. However I didn't feel the need to spend around £400 on a WA or WE.

So, when I heard about the AGM M4 GBBR retailing at around half the price, I quickly reached for my wallet.

BUT

The old saying goes, "buy cheap, buy twice" which is what I got.

Dont get me wrong, The AGM M4 is a sweet gun, works well and such, however as it is a cheap clone there are some teething issues and bugs in the system that need to be weeded out to make this gun reliable and skirmish worthy.

The main ones I have come across are;

Bolt Catch wont catch
    Mags are rubbish
    Body Bolts slip out
    Bolt Nozzle isn't metal

Ive only had the gun a little while and while I am aware of other problems with the gun, these are the only ones if encountered...so far.

So onto the fix...

BOLT CATCH WON'T CATCH?

this one is quite simple, thought it took me ages to figure it out, (mainly as Im retarded). Basicaly the Bolt Catch wont work as the plastic lever on the mag that should push the bolt catch up and prevent the bolt coming forward is about as strong as wet toilet paper, also there is a sping pin, (BCC), on the right hand side of the Bolt Catch that causes too much friction.

1. field strip the M4
    2. remove the mag catch and mag release button by depressing the button and unscrewing the catch anti-clockwise
    3. get a screw driver and push the bolt catch assembly out of the gun
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU06RdtDWrM
    4. as soon as you do this a very small spring will pop out of the assembley, this is the spring for the BCC...problem solved.
    5. reassemble your gun
    6. test the bolt catch, it will work like a charm now.

The other issues with the gun can be solved by buying the relevant upgrades, but I'll keep you guys posted on my progress.

Peace!
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Re: AGM M4A1 Gas Blow Back Full Metal

when you say your body bolts slip out ? which pins ? the 2 main pins or your talking the pins that hold the hammer and stuff in ?

also the £400+ gbb rifles all need upgrades to get them working fully better to spend cash on the agm and the extra getting working for less then the cost of a wa/G&P
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyj View Post
      when you say your body bolts slip out ? which pins ? the 2 main pins or your talking the pins that hold the hammer and stuff in ?

also the £400+ gbb rifles all need upgrades to get them working fully better to spend cash on the agm and the extra getting working for less then the cost of a wa/G&P
      The two main pins on the reciever.

While I think AEGs are the workhorse and standard for airsoft skirmishing, getting a GBBR is more realistic and thats why I got mine, not coz its reliable, coz its so bloody fun!
      Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Comment

my captive pins stay in the body but when taking it down the rear 1 does come out tbh never looked in to modding it so they lock in ( i will now )

"coz its so bloody fun!" i can not agree more!
        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

the pins stay in both of my guns bodies fine, must just be the backplate spring isnt strong enough on either of yours.
          Dboys KAC PDW - PEQ - Lipo - 2x midcaps - £150ono
          Classic Army B&T MP5A5 - Battery - 2x midcaps - £200ono
          2x Clone M9 GBB - 1 Mag Each - £50ea ono

Comment

Pins stay in mine fine too. Try filing down the slopes in the pins to make them steeper, thus they'll take more force to remove.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rage786 Everybody dies, but not everybody lives. Find out more about Rage786
            Working...
            X