Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with WE M14..

Hi there

Recently bought an Ra-tech custom WE M14 EBR. The only thing is that it doesn't have a very responsive hop unit so cent use my madbull 0.40s I bought specially for it and it only fires the distance of an AEG :-( even thou fires at 450 FPS average and I'm like WTF. Anyone know of a decent hop to put in or anything I can do?

Re: Issues with WE M14..

try using .36's or .3's first before investing in a new hop.

You may want to try taking apart your hop and cleaning it / replacing the hop rubber.

Comment

Well yeh was thinking about it but the range is terrible I mean only standard ICS aeg out of the box maybe 45m at a max that's why I wondered about changing the hop.

The hop rubber is a custom made one my Ra-tech as the whole gun is Ra-tech custom ver2 so that is also why I'm abit confused as they use .40 in a accuracy test

Comment

But was the accuracy test at range, i think it was at 30m right? The .4's will be most accurate as they are less likely to deviate... try some lighter bbs, and take the hop unit apart and clean it, along with the barrel

Comment

it was at 30m inside and out using .4s outside and 3.s inside. yeh i might have to was just expecting it to go alot further but will give it ago and find out

Comment

The hop is a 1911 pistol hop. The arm on mine came slightly bent and thus not applying enough hop. You'll need to bend the top part of the tab to be straight (I actually went slightly over so that when the tab is pulled down it'll be straight).

Some help with paint. Looking down the barrel, the hop looks like A on the stock gun (the arrow is the direction of force provided when you turn the hop unit on).

Bend it so it looks like B:

This, and a bit of bedding in, solved the hop issue for me, and mine can now hop .3s very well.

Comment

cool will try that too, did/does ur pull to one side or the other?

Comment

Mine came as picture A. I corrected it to pic. B.

Comment

Can't get into the hop unit as don't have the required tools at the moment, new to tech stuff. But what BB did u run off yours? And what range were u getting out of it?

Comment

Didnt wish to create a new thread for what is an issue with the same weapon, albeit a different problem.
                    I've just fitted the RA-tech steel trigger box to solve the problem of the WE one shearing clean in half eventually, only to find that now my semi auto function is ... "iffy". I have to push the trigger itself to the right after every shot, or it wont release the hammer. Or, engage the safety, then disengage it. Works just fine on full auto, no such jiggery pokery needed. Figured it could be the trigger pin walking its way out, but having secured that with a bit of glue its still doing it.
                    Any ideas?

Comment

Murries, I had a similar problem however it was due to the colt catch not being in place properly.
                      Check that the two pieces of the trigger mech are fully connected. Otherwise you get all manner of wierd problems.
                      Also, check the pin that hold the black piston in place. If thats not fully in then parts dont align properly. (the part im refering to is #14)
                      Kiran Payne
                      TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
                      Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FireShark03 there finnaly actually put some details in :-D Find out more about FireShark03
                      Working...
                      X