Problem with a WE Baby Hi-Capa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with a WE Baby Hi-Capa

Wondered if I could get some tips. Am new to the game, and not sure what to try.

My WE baby hi-capa 3.8 isn't behaving itself - the slide doesn't stay back after the last shot. If I put an empty mag in and pull back the slide, it stays back as normal. But if I put a loaded mag in and fire until it's empty, it doesn't stay back - it just keeps dry firing.

Any pointers?

Re: Problem with a WE Baby Hi-Capa

try the following:

pull back slide, with no mag in.
    Insert new mag with ammo.
    release slide.
    fire until empty.

if it doesn't lock back after that exact process:

pull slide back, lock it.
    insert empty mag, release slide
    fire empty mag and see if the slide locks back

Comment

Ok, just had another go, following those processes. In both cases, the slide did not lock back.

However, if I insert an empty mag and pull the slide back, it does lock back.

Comment

then the problem is that your slide release is worn down, or you need new bumpers in the mag. Whats happening is the bumper in the mag is just rubbing off the slide release, rather than pushing it up

Comment

Even if it does lock back when I pull the slide back?

It's a new gun and new mags, so skeptical that anything's worn down. But is there anything in there that could have snapped off, or come loose?

Comment

how new?
            Are the mags TM mags? or WE ones? if they're WE ones, Id place my money on them being poorly made I'm afraid.

What I was trying to get you to do is replicate what happened when mine wore down. Basically, if the slide release was in the right position, and a mag placed under it, then pressed down to release the slide, it was okay. Push the mag in with the slide forward, and the release already down, and it didn't want to play ball

Comment

Brand new, really. Got it 2 weeks ago. Have skirmished with it twice. I guess I'll just have to send it back.

Comment

Hmm, so, this morning, I tried gently pushing in the slide release with my fingernail, and then firing with an empty mag... and it locked back as normal. So I guess perhaps it's just slipping out a bit.

Is there a way to hold it in more firmly?

Comment

The only thing I could think of, is that you could solder more metal onto the slide release south mag bumper hits it more positively

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

harrym Find out more about harrym
                  Working...
                  X