tanaka AICS ubber stiff mags.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tanaka AICS ubber stiff mags.

Hey guys, i currently own a maxed out tanaka m700 aics.

It's a great rifle, shoots fine etc, recently had a leak on one of the mags but that is now sorted, but since i had the rifle, the mags are realllly hard to pull about, and i mean really, takes far too long to pull a mag out, needs lots of wriggling etc.! I have 2mags, and it's the same with both, the mags both are fitted with powerpack.

Will really appreciate any help guys, cheers

Re: tanaka AICS ubber stiff mags.

i hav a m24 maxed out and the long mags with power packs i have are stiff to.tho the one without is fine....must be the powerpacks.speak to ovany

Comment

Apparently, the mag cylinders aren't particularly well engineered and if you are running green gas - aka propane they can expand slightly pushing out the metal case and making them particularly stiff in the magwell. I've got powerpacks in my AICS mags and have noticed it occasionally although I mainly use Ultra. There were some CNC interiors made to replace the mag interiors but they are as rare as hen's teeth and quite expensive. I saw them once, checked the price and thought f*ck that!
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional...

The tinkering tale of an airsoft addict, wargamer and book fanatic at http://ocdairsoft.blogspot.com/
      It even gets updated occasionally... Quite recently even!

Comment

Tanaka guns are made to run on 134 gas, as are all guns made for use in Japan to comply with their law. If your using any other gas with the mags then it can expand the mags, as already explained above.

It's not a fault or anything like that, it's just how they were made. If your Tanaka has a PCS bolt you should be fine using a lower pressure gas and still be able to get the same kind of power as when using green.
        It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

The elderly. They seem nice enough, but can they really be trusted ?

Comment

The only reason i'm using propane is for the price, i can't afford to go through a bottle of ultra/green every skirmish.

That's very interesting though! Thanks for telling me, great help.

I have in fact tried 134a in the mags, and it's just the same, wonder if i've permanantly expanded them lol

Comment

Originally posted by Libris View Post
            Apparently, the mag cylinders aren't particularly well engineered
            Should really have said 'the mag cylinders aren't engineered to take green gas'

I've modded my own AICS considerably and have added a left hand bolt extention to allow me to operate it left handed (or right handed).
            Growing old is mandatory
            Growing up is optional...

The tinkering tale of an airsoft addict, wargamer and book fanatic at http://ocdairsoft.blogspot.com/
            It even gets updated occasionally... Quite recently even!

Comment

So really, there's notin' i can do except use 134a or just stick to spending 5mins pulling the mags out...

Comment

Not really, just make sure the bolt is open too, as you can also apply a bit of pressure to the top of the mag to help ease it out.
                It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

The elderly. They seem nice enough, but can they really be trusted ?

Comment

Have you tried using silicone spray on the mag-well and mag top- ultimately the less friction between them the easier it should be? you could also *carefully* use some fine wet&dry to take any coating off the inside of the mag-well- enough just to take the surface down for a better fit?
                  Jus' sayin'..........??!!
                  :D

Comment

i've used spray yes, no difference, i don't want to sand anything really, because say if i went on to use 134a ever, the mag would be damn loose.

Comment

Originally posted by joshh1512 View Post
                      i've used spray yes, no difference, i don't want to sand anything really, because say if i went on to use 134a ever, the mag would be damn loose.
                      Fair enough, though I don't think they'll be THAT loose, might be worth putting a thin coat of a bright paint or even thinned tipex on the top of the mag, to see exactly where it's rubbing/ catching so you can refine the surfaces just at those points! ( The contact points should wear the paint off on those areas to give you a clue!!)

Comment

Oh and 134a is withdrawn from all retailers in the EU so I don't think you'll be going back to it any time soon!! see my post in news!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

joshh1512 Find out more about joshh1512
                        Working...
                        X