Winchester 1887 locking cocking lever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winchester 1887 locking cocking lever

As the subject says, the cocking lever on my winchester keeps locking up. I know exactly what is causing the problem, how to fix it is the trick.

The cradle (or what ever its called) that moves up and down loading the shells is held in place by just one spring which stays in place due to pixie dust as far as I can tell.

low quality pics incoming

close up on where the spring goes, obviosuly a little slacker when outside the gun

the spring keeps coming out of that space so the cradle stops moving with the lever, jamming it shut. I've tried simply putting it back but it just comes loose again.

from the wear around where the spring goes it looks like there may have been something similar to a washer in there that the previous owner has taken out. Would any brave soul with one of these open theirs up and have a look for me? or even just check I'm putting the spring back in the right place.

Any help will be appreciated and if anymore details are needed, just ask

cheers
    Voted sexiest man on the airsoft field - every damn time

Re: Winchester 1887 locking cocking lever

I'm pretty certain if you rummage around on the internet for long enough you may well find an 'exploded view' of the internals, I have found they are quite useful, for when something pings out into your face half way through a game, and you don't have the first clue what the fcuk it is or where it came from.

but if someone did open it up and show you ofc that would be much more simple lol!

although sometimes part numbers are listed so if you needed a new part it may be on the exploded view

I know this is less than helpful lol sorry.

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ElSparko Find out more about ElSparko
    Working...
    X