Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Urgent help needed with priming a moscart!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help needed with priming a moscart!

Hey guys have a bit of a problem here! Anyway I am really not sure how to properly use a moscart. The one I am using is a Mosquito Moulds one, with a flat head and it is brown on the lower half. I think a 108.

Anyway i filled say 3 of the holes out of about 10 with bb's, as I just wanted to test it. Then i filled green gas in from the top. When i put it in the launcher it will not go off, as the thing at the bottom which you can normally push in has gone solid and can't be pushed in anymore. Also twisting the bottom won't change this. So now I have a filled moscart with bb's in sitting outside in the shade and it's a problem.

Please someone tell me what the hell to do

thanks
    Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Re: Urgent help needed with priming a moscart!

ok i have no experience with moscarts so this may be of little help

however, my friends AGM gas M4 mag did pretty much the same thing, the valve went solid. so we sprayed a load of silicone lube in and left it to soak in. sure enough 20 minutes later it worked fine.

gota be worth a try

Comment

Ok this is kind of getting worrying now! I am twisting the lower half but whereever i twist the thing at the bottom just won't go loose so that i can push it in?

Also i think there may have been something up with the gas. What if it didn't go in? would that still lock the bottom? I just want to disarm this bloody thing

Comment

Some times the gas pressure can be more than your able to push. Try releasing the gas by putting a screwdriver or something into the centre of the fill valve, and see if the button moves once you have released the pressure.

Comment

Thank you rampage you are a star mate. I let about 20 seconds worth of gas out and it went bang and showered my shed 15 metres away with bb's.

For future referance then, how do i prime a grenade launcher step by step? Do i fill the holes, then put some gas in the top and I am ready? Or does twisting the bottom half come into it.

Also i have dismantled the moscart, and you know the little ball bearings in the bottom (8 of them). Well... does it matter if I only have 7?

thanks

Comment

Hmm, 7 bearings does make a difference, as it will make it harder to push the button in, other than that I'm not sure how much of a difference it actually makes to performance.

I always prime my grenades with gas first, that way if I forgot to reset the firing button, I don't go shooting myself in the hand with it. This does mean that you have to be very careful whilst loading the shell as if you push the button accidentally you get the full force of the shower shell into your hand (not a very pleasant experience).

As for unscrewing the shell you should only ever need to do that to clean it.

Comment

Thanks very much indeed.

I tested it with 7 and it seems absolutely fine except a tad harder to pull as you said, other than that how do I reset the firing button? Is it just a case of twisting the bottom off a bit so that the button sits more fluch rather than stuck inside?

Also any idea how to use a rubber slug moscart?

Thanks for your time.

Comment

If I recall correctly the Moscart shells are much like the Madbull ones, where you have to push the button in with something (screwdriver/priming tool) and it kinda pops, and that resets the mechanism to be able to take gas again. Though I haven't used a Mossy Molds Moscart for a long time, so it might be self priming like the ICS ones (just put the gas in and the button pops down)

The rubber slugs work much like a normal shell, just gas em up, put the slug on top, and fire, and usually the whole rubber bit goes flying towards what ever you pointed it at.

Comment

Ok thanks very much. As for the reseting, I twisted and the thing did pop back into place and then i just tightened so I suppose that is ready once again.

I think I will sell the rubber one acually after testing that it works ok. I can see myself losing it

Thanks a lot for your time, if I could rep your comments I would

That's a thought actually, a rep system, but I'll leave that one with you.

Cheers

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Taylorb Find out more about Taylorb
                  Working...
                  X