Waterlogged 1911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterlogged 1911

I was at a skirmish yesterday in a torrential downpour and ended up sinking waist deep in a muddy bog, which soaked my TM MEU with muddy water.

Naturally it has stopped working, so I am wondering if anyone can give me advice on how to clean it out, tips tricks, pitfalls, etc. Is there anything particular I should look out for?

Thanks for any advice you can give.
    Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Re: Waterlogged 1911

Get it dry and lube it and it should be fine.
    Loki - Rogue Recon Unit, The Rogues

Comment

It's fine to get the pistol wet, just dry it and make sure there's no mud in it and you should be fine. You'll definitely need to completely take it apart, because it'll get everywhere.

Comment

I used a powerjet power washer on mine. Obviously i turned the pressure down though. That got all the grime out of it, then i let it dry out overnight.

Comment

What about the mags, just an external clean or will they need completely stripping down and cleaning too?
          Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

I would give them all a thorough clean just to be sure.

If you are anywhere near me I would gladly have a look at it and strip it all down for you.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DanBeresford One of the founding members of the Anzio Immortals. http://www.youtube.com/user/AnzioImmortals Find out more about DanBeresford
            Working...
            X