Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM fn5-7 not always returning

Hi,

my marui fn5-7 has started not fully returning after a while. Not sure whats causing this, I think its down to, as the gas starts to run low/cool down the friction between the hop-up chamber and slide stops it from fully retuning. Can tell as some of the paint from the hopup chamber has been stripped from the rubbing.

I've tried luding it up with silicone oil (abbey silicone gun oil 35) which slightly improved it, but still doesnt fully blowback.

Also thought it may be down to the recoil spring getting old, but searching for a replacement is near impossible, as are most spares for the fn57.

so my question is, has anyone had a simular problem with their gun, and if so, how'd they fix it? Is there a better lubricant to use, or should I start using a stronger gas like green (even though the fn57 is plastic apparentally its one thats designed to be able to run on green) as i currently use abbey ultra.

Cheerz for your help in advance,

Dinsy

Also, where the paints been stripped from the hopup chamber am i able to use any metal paint to just touch up, not a massive issue but I would prefer if there wasnt silver metal showing in the chamber.
    sigpic

Re: TM fn5-7 not always returning

I've recently been having the same problem, havent been able to fix it yet either. I tried using silicone oil, it worked for about half a mag then started not returning again, i found it normally only happens when i fire a single shot, if i shoot as fast as possible it was returning. Im also using abbey ultra and the paint is being stripped in the same place. I think i know where it is catching so i will try a few things out and let you know what happens.

Comment

I just did some test firing and it seems as though the part that picks the bb up and pushes it into the chamber is slightly off centre. Whenever it jammed (twice in one magazine) i looked in the chamber and the bb had been pushed forward and was caught on something, but needed the forward assist to push it into the barrel.

I think the stripped paint is from general wear and tear as whenever i cock the weapon it returns fully and never catches it only catches when there is a loaded mag, and i have tried with three different magazines so they arent the problem.

Comment

all right, i'll have to take a look, just fired off a whole clip with no problems.

always the case, when you want it to play up it works fine, but leave it untill the game day and it wont fire a round, hahaha.

I take it this is a common problem as you seem to be experiencing the same thing.

as for the slide not returning i was reconmended getting a nineball smooth ring, for the recoil spring. think i may give that a go and will post how it goes
        sigpic

Comment

Any news on how the nineball smooth ring is holding up? I played last weekend after just leaving it for a month, worked fine till near the end of the day where it was really sluggish at returning. Then a BB managed to get stuck in the slide, jamming it completely, had to take it apart to get it out. Also what BB's are you using?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dinsy Find out more about Dinsy
          Working...
          X