Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slide doesnt lock back

Hi,

Got a HFC G17 here that started not locking back on the last shot on one mag and the other mag was fine but now both do it some times it will lock back but most of the time 9/10 times it does not lock back.

If you manually cock it it does every time it looks like the slide isnt going all the way back so the slide catch doesnt catch, what could be the cause of this?

Thanks

Re: slide doesnt lock back

Could be the slide returning quicker than the slide lock can catch it? Upgraded the recoil spring?

Could be the slide lock is worn and needs replacing?

Could be your mags aren't pushing the slide lock up high enough due to worn mag springs?
    King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
    https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

i dont think its the mags as i can manualy cock it and locks back everytime.

Isnt it strange that it suddenly happens on both mags within 30 mins.

Also i think when u watch the slide it doesn't go all the way back! when firing.

No upgraded recoil spring!

Comment

What gas are you using? Could be worth trying a more powerful gas?
        www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Thanks for the tips i think i may have fixed it i dissembled it down to the last spring put it back together and its works the bit that was causing the problem was the nozle was getting stuck in the barrel so the 2 springs that pull it back needed reseating.

i Hope its fixed thanks.

Comment

CANCEL that it works for 20 shots each and back to same problem maybe springs need replacing?

Comment

Originally posted by blair View Post
              CANCEL that it works for 20 shots each and back to same problem maybe springs need replacing?
              Could be
              www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

that could be the magazine catch not holding the magazines up high enough for the slide lock button on the mag to push the slide lock into place
                trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

I had a similar problem on my TM m9. Turned out it was when the gas was cold/nearly out the slide wouldn't fully cycle. I upgrade to a more powerful gas and haven't had it happen since.

Comment

well this strange now one mags seems to be locking back 9/10 but the other mag cycles but does not lock back i have:

pushed slide lock up when firing to she if weak spring or not going back enough this was true even pushing it up it never locked.

The mag doesnt seem to be letting enough bass out as the slide and blowback is pathetic i can put my little finger behind it and stop the slide moving.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

blair Find out more about blair
                    Working...
                    X