Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

removing silicon lube from the hop up unit??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing silicon lube from the hop up unit??

iv'e heard if you spray lube in your gun and it gets on the hop up unit this can affect the accuracy last time i was softing i let my friend spray my Desert Eagle and im thinking some of the silicon lube got on the hop up as the accuracy seems to be affected just wondering if any body has got any tip on how to remove the lube off the hop up? thanks

Re: removing silicon lube from the hop up unit??

Remove the rubber and give it a wash in water.

Comment

if you have it in the unit then just wipe it kitchen paper...

if its in the actually rubber...then get a bowl of luk warm water put abit of soap in it, put the rubber in it then wiggle it around and rinse it in cold water and then leave it until it drys

Comment

im kinda new to all this and don't have any idea how to do that on my pistol

Comment

Then google how to do it.

Comment

a fair nuff didn't think to do that lol

Comment

It's one of the most useful tools we have really :D

Comment

acetone on a q tip should get it really clean again
                trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

ive had a quick look on youtube and google and there's nowt helpfull i will leave it till i next go softing see if some 1 there knows

Comment

unless there's some 1 hear who can explain fairly quickly on hear

Comment

Have a look on Youtube for how to disassemble it, it's simple provided you remember the sequence of how the parts go back and you keep them all together. The amount of times that site has saved my bacon with disassembling GBB guns and AEG gearboxes I'll never know!

Yes, silicone oil causes the rubber hop unit to soak all the grease up and swell, this can cause stoppages in your barrel as well as ruining your range and accuracy. I've replaced the hop units in both of my KWA guns as a result of this, but if you cannot obtain the spare part, remove the hop rubber and soak it in a small cup of acetone for about an hour and allow to air dry.

This should get it back to normal size. Moral of the story, never let friends muck around with your guns!
                      - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

nice 1

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sam_D i airsoft every week and also marshal at my local site I would encourage people local to Nottinghamshire to come and have a blast down at phoenix if you have not already, in my opinion and my others this is the leading site for airsoft, for many miles around. The marshals are extremal fair and very professional, we also have a onsite shop where you can buy any guns and accessory's we have to offer. Hear is a link to the phoenix airsoft website. http://www.phoenix-airsoft.co.uk/ Find out more about sam_D
                        Working...
                        X