O rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O rings

Hello, I'm a complete noob and I've been putting too much gas in my TM Glock 18c to the point where the gas sprayed out and froze onto the magazine and valve. I've heard this can damage the rubber o rings. What to do?

Re: O rings

Give em a squirt of silicon oil. If that doesn't rejuvenate them, then the next step is to soak em in pas fluid but be careful as it's horrible stuff. If THAT fails then it's time to replace them

Comment

Unscrew the valve gently and then smear some silicone grease on the o ring and then replace gently. Couple of drops of silicone oil on the fill valve and then give it a quick squirt, then repeat a couple of times.

If you use a Propane adaptor, even easier to put several drops of silicone in the mag using that.

When you are finished skirmishing, couple of drops of silicone in the fill valve with a 1 second fill of gas is great. Then leave the mag as is. Its important to maintain some pressure on the valves and seals as well as having a bit of silicone in there for storage. Leaving mags without this is how most o rings dry out. Basic and simple maintenance. Something most of my ham fisted mates cannot seem to manage.

Comment

Ok thanks for your help

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

G19 Find out more about G19
        Working...
        X