KJ Works Sig P229 Gas Mag valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KJ Works Sig P229 Gas Mag valve

I have a KJ Works Sig P229 and have used it half a dozen times and now it has developed a fault. When firing as I get to near the end of the mag it vents the remaining gas. It seams that the valve is at fault as on one occasion it was stuck in when I removed it from the gun. Any ideas as to how to fix, or are there replacement valves that would cure this.

Thanks for any help.

Re: KJ Works Sig P229 Gas Mag valve

Some of the HK sites list parts for KJW mags, but by the time you've paid for them, plus postage and possibly customs duty, you'd be better off buying a new one.

Take the mag to pieces, remove all the valves, silicone everything in sight, leave the o rings in a little silicone overnight and then put back together. If it still doesn't work, scrap it.
    sigpic

Comment

My KJW P226 did that regularly with any mag, so might be a design fault.

Try not to fire rapid semi if possible.

Comment

If you can get hold of the September 09 issue of Airsoft International (volume5 issue4) it has a 3 page "How to" guide for fixing GBB pistol mags and will show you what you need to do!
        Al

Comment

Thanks Rockinrobin,

Hve tried cleaning and leaving to soak no change.

Comment

Rogue Trooper,

Will try to get hold of a copy.

Thanks for the tip off.

Comment

Just in case someone reads this in the future and has the same problem I tried all the soaking and cleaning but it didn't work it looks like the spring is just weak. So rather thatn chuck a £20 mag I contacted KJ Works direct and ordered 2 new valves they sent 3 and an internal part for £6:49 including postage. Arrived in two weeks NO problem with customs.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dogfather Find out more about Dogfather
              Working...
              X