Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KJW 229 power problems

Hi guys,

I've noticed a sudden drop off in the power of my 229. It was working perfectly well, then a couple of games ago I went for a shot that it should normally have had no problems with and it didn't reach even half way (about 15m).

I put it down to carp gas at the time, but have since tried it with a new can of green and it's still poor. Now it won't even cycle far enough to lock the slide back on the last shot.

I've checked the mags and both seem to be holding gas perfectly well and the valves are travelling smoothly. I get the same performance from both mags, so I don't think the problem is them.

The hop doesn't have a damage to it and it's ptfe wrapped.

The inner barrel is perfectly clean.

The valve knocker seems to move freely.

I keep it clean and there's no catching when it cycles.

The one thing I'm not sure about with GBB pistols is the internals of the blowback mech. I've taken it to pieces and cleaned everything, the piston head o-ring has been soaked in silicone oil overnight, all the springs seem to be working well enough, the valve moves smoothly (though I've not taken it out) and the loading muzzle doesn't seem to be that worn and slides smoothly over the head.

I'm completely stuck for anything else to check. Can anyone give me any suggestions as I don't want to start chucking upgrade parts at it on the off-chance I might get the right thing!
    sigpic

Re: KJW 229 power problems

Anyone who can help?
    sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Caveira Find out more about Caveira
    Working...
    X