Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Bolt Scar-l Misfeeding

Hey all,
    Just curious if this is a common problem and if there is a good fix for it.
    Got a scar-l works perfectly without the NPAS.
    With an NPAS, set for 330, it misfeeds around 3-5 in 30 rounds.
    The vast majority of the round fire dead straight and perfect however between 3 and 5 of them will dribble out...
    My mate reckons its a lubrication issue however i've stripped, cleaned and re-lubed it with no observable improvement.
    Any ideas or help would be appreciated =)
    Kiran Payne
    TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
    Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Re: Open Bolt Scar-l Misfeeding

Still having this problem. Adding a thick lubricant to the lip of the magazine and the lip of the nozzle is seeming to help... however I wont know for sure until I test it on the following thursday!
    ANY HELP OR OPINIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
    So far I've ruled out the hop.
    I have observed the BCU and it seems to be in order.
    There is minor wear on the BCU rails which might contribute to a misalignment?
    I've read reviews that a certain batch of nozzles are the wrong size and cause misfeeding. Im tempted to invest in a new nozzle just in case?
    Kiran Payne
    TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil

sigpic

Comment

Are you firing on single or full, and if both does it do the same thing on both firing modes?
      Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

Good point, I havent used my scar on full auto. Never had the need. I have been testing it on semi. Will test it later and let you know. If its doing the same thing on both firing modes it could be one of many things? Its either be bb not being taken into the barrel properly OR its the gas being inconsistent I reckon.
        Was hoping someone on here had the same problem.
        Kiran Payne

sigpic

Comment

What gas are you using mate? I use propane with additional silicone, make sure my feed lips are always damp (fnarr) and never had a problem.

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR
          TM chrome Deagle / KWA P226 / WE G18C Gen4

Comment

Hey mate,
            Im using Colemans propane with either AI silcone or some abbey stuff.
            I think it missfed all the same on Abbey Ultra.
            Im hoping that a new BCU and loading nozzle will solve the problem
            Kiran Payne

sigpic

Comment

Hey guys,
              I think I've solve the problem.
              I soaked all the magazine lips in brake fluid over night. Installed them again... gave a quick squirt of silicone onto the nozzle lip and it fired all 30 rounds with some suprising consistency. the first 10 rounds were with 1fps of each other (300-299) and the last 20 were within 10fps(300-290). I reckon the last 20 were varied because its cold outside so I was firing faster with the last 20.
              The only thing I noticed was a couple of rounds curled to the right. This might have been ricochet from the chrono... not 100% sure. Will be testing it on thursday!
              Kiran Payne

sigpic

Comment

sorry to hijack the thread,but how well is it doing compared to the older closed bolt (if you can compare)
                sigpic
                Originally Posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
                Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Comment

I havent tried the closed bolt sadly. I haven't come across a closed bolt scar before. Compared to the closed bolt M4 though, its doing far better!
                  Was working perfectly until the last couple of weeks.
                  Kiran Payne

sigpic

Comment

you mean the misfeeding-not the colder weather?
                    sigpic
                    Originally Posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
                    Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Comment

yeah, There is no recoil problem at the moment. Its all just missfeeding.
                      The scar was alright on Saturday. Over the entire day and about 36 magazines... it only misfeed two magazines. The solution atm seems to be putting some grease on the lip of the magazine. So I reckon If my CNC BCU doesnt solve the problem then I will need to shim the magazines
                      Kiran Payne

sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

S3V3R Marshalled at ZED Adventures The Mall (RIP). I build ships (proper ones) and I shoot guns (toy ones). Find out more about S3V3R
                      Working...
                      X