GBB Fails To Pick Up Next BB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GBB Fails To Pick Up Next BB

I have the KSC Glock 23f (which is essentially the G19!).

For some reason it will work fine, then at random fail to pick up a BB. When that happens it makes a hollow pop, and the slide does not go back far enough to pick up the next BB. All shots are then dry! Problem solved by re-cocking.

Really wanted to know why this might be, I have been watching the slide, and it returns the whole way each shot so it would seem.

Nothing inside is obviously broken, and it is working 80% time anyway....

Any suggestions or fixes?

Re: GBB Fails To Pick Up Next BB

BB not going fully to the top of the feed lips?
    sigpic

Comment

Mag spring is very strong, so I doubt it. I removed the mag very gently after the dry fire, and the BB was right at the top. However the jolt of it firing may have moved it.

It is very strong though, and issue seems to be on all 3 mags.

I'm wondering if a stronger recoil spring might help?

Comment

If the slide is not going back far enough, then not enough gas is entering the gas chamber, or the chamber is broken.

Take apart the gas engine, your looking for breaks, crack or holes, and thing that would let gas escape.

Comment

It only does not seem to return so far on the shot it does not fire on. I assume I'm correct in thinking that without a BB in the barrel, there is less pressure to send it backwards?

I'm not very familiar with how GBB works in general, as you might be able to tell! lol. :D

What really gets me is it works 8-9 times out a 10. If something was leaky or broken, you'd assume it would either work or not!

Comment

It might make a difference, but nothing like that much.

Again though, easiest way is to dissasemble it and look for what's broken.

Comment

are you sure the feeding nozzel isnt broken
              Hereo's don't die, they reload....

Trader feedback. http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=26874

Comment

Nothing looks broken! If somebody knew of a reassembly guide I could take it all apart and look in detail

This seems to be happening towards end of the mag.... hmmm. Could it be that just with the cool down and less gas, just don't have the strength to push back enough to allow next BB up?

Comment

It could be yes. The same thing happened with MY MEU recently, but that was dirt.

Dry fire the pistol with gas in it. Does it blocw far enough to lecok back EVERY time?

Comment

Just tried, didn't lock back once.

Placing the GBB flat, and firing moving my finger closer to the back until there was contact I can see it is only going back around half way. As I pull back the slide the first 1cm is very easy. Then it hits (I assume the hammer) and the resitance is up. Must be cocking for most the shots to work mind. However, still is about a half cm before the catch to hold back the slide.

With the Green Gas, first two locked back. Rest didn't...

Comment

Then not enough gas is getting into the gas engine. Take it apart and have a look.

Comment

I'm a GBB n00b. Which bit is the "gas engine"?

I'm looking at a part just before the hammer, a plastic shell with a rubber inside. The rubber stays still, but plastic moves forward. It seems to be sprung some how.

Did silicone oil that but up before as it seemed to be sticking. Good/bad idea?

Comment

Yes, that is the gas engine. All the plastic bits around that.

Comment

Undone the one screw I can see and it won't budge. Any idea?! lol

Seems to be a pin at the back (external) which stops that pack moving backwards. Cannot seem to remove selector lever to enable it to drop down either.

Comment

Right....

Got it apart, nothing obviously broken. Cleaned it all off. Put gearbox grease in the tiny groove where the cylinder slides. Also a dot of silicone on the piston to help that seal and move better.

Now will not pick up a BB any time. So has to be cocked for any shot! Amazing, lol :D

Anybody a GBB wizz? Willing to fix it in return for some beer funds!?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jagillham Find out more about jagillham
                              Working...
                              X