TM Hi-Capa Questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM Hi-Capa Questions...

I've recently purchased a TM Hi-Capa, I'm thinking about going down the CO2 route for better winter performance.

So....

Firstly, do the WE CO2 mags work in the TM... and at what FPS?

Secondly, should I be upgrading to handle the CO2 change? Although a metal slide would be nice, the cost puts me off a lot. I'd maybe pay £20 - £30, but not seen anything in stainless at that kind of price. Keeping the plastic... would I be best putting a 150% recoil spring in there to absorb the force? Any other extra parts to consider?

Thanks!

The slide will wear out, but not straight away. Around £10 to replace, so wouldn't bother going metal. Once saw a brilliant point on. KWA review, where they said TM plastic pistols are lovely, the build quality and everything working is superb. Change parts and you lose all of that.

Not sure about CO2 mags but I'd be willing to bet they don't, as the WE mags are problematic with the TMs

Comment

Re: TM Hi-Capa Questions...

Any other hi-capa users out there to shed some light on this?

By the looks of it the WE CO2 mags should work with TM.... but do they really?

Comment

Yes they do ,I was thinking about getting some .I think co2 would kill an abs slide eventually though, even with a harder recoil spring . You have to up the hammer spring though ,putting a spacer under the hammer spring will be enough rather than wasting money on a 150% spring. Other than that ,and buying a metal slide when the abs one pops it'll run fine . Also slides are fairly easy to polish if you can find one you like.

Comment

Originally posted by heroshark View Post
          Yes they do ,I was thinking about getting some .I think co2 would kill an abs slide eventually though, even with a harder recoil spring . You have to up the hammer spring though ,putting a spacer under the hammer spring will be enough rather than wasting money on a 150% spring. Other than that ,and buying a metal slide when the abs one pops it'll run fine . Also slides are fairly easy to polish if you can find one you like.
          i heard that they didn't work but don't quote me on this

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
            Any other hi-capa users out there to shed some light on this?

By the looks of it the WE CO2 mags should work with TM.... but do they really?
            i've got two we mags the ordainary ones and they're fine i mean i've changed the mag lip routers valves etc so there not we ones anymore but the bog standard ones go in fine

Comment

Originally posted by heroshark View Post
              You have to up the hammer spring though ,putting a spacer under the hammer spring will be enough rather than wasting money on a 150% spring.
              The 150% spring he was referring to is the recoil spring under the barrel that pushes the slide forward, and resists the rearward movement.

Comment

The springs I'm looking at tend to come as a recoil / hammer spring set. They only about £7 so not a big deal.

If I do run a metal slide, will the weight of the slide slow the movement down enough at about 330fps, or would it be adviseable to run the harder spring too?

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                  The 150% spring he was referring to is the recoil spring under the barrel that pushes the slide forward, and resists the rearward movement.
                  But a harder hammer spring may also be needed to be able to strike the valve, which will be under extra pressure from the Co2.

Comment

Harder spring will negate that effect. It won't be as fast as a plastic slide. But still fairly good. Think I did a review on my Davidson slide somewhere in the review section!

Comment

I know exactly what springs he's talking about. I covered the recoil spring bit at the start of my post ,it can also be shimmed if you wish to increase the pressure. Non of this tinkering will effect the fps .The in co2 mags are built to run sub 350fps with the stock kj gun . In the tm you should get similar results.

Comment

I knew I worded that wrong soon as I hit enter!

By FPS I mean power level. I presume the harder recoil spring is to stop the slide being blown back with too much force, and also to return a heavier slide?

Comment

I always stick with stock springs . Using the gun with a metal slide and upping the hammer will be enough.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jagillham Find out more about jagillham
                          Working...
                          X