CO2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO2

Hi im looking at getting Madbull XM-Charger Plus (CO2 Adapter), to use on my 40mms (when they arrive), the 40's can handle co2 so i thought this would be ideal.

Now its the bulds that are confusing, because of forum rules i can't post links to the sites i've seen bulk bulbs at cheap prices so the question is.

I understand that i need 12gram bulbs, are they to be threaded or unthreaded? As the ones i've seen are say there ideal for use in some BB guns, Paintball markers, CO2 pistols & CO2 rifles. But i've seen packs of 50 that are threaded or unthreaded.

Also what psi would be recommended
    Originally posted by bravotwozero
    Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Re: CO2

ok found out that that adapter is not the one i need, its the other one so just need to know what bulbs it is now :P
    Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

iirc
      unthreaded and 800 psi
      trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

cheers buddy, they difficult to push in?

Comment

you can get madbulls portable charger which uses the little 12g bulbs. They are put into a case and you then twist this case into the adaptor for a perfect fit. It also means you can regulate the pressure down from 800psi to whatever you want.
          http://www.madbullairsoft.com/Englis...products_id=53

or you can get one of these which will fit onto the larger paintball style co2 bottles. Not very practical for carrying around compared to the wee portable one that fits into your pocket.
          http://www.madbullairsoft.com/Englis...&products_id=8
          SAVE OUR SPORT
          http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

Hi Garf3r,

Not sure if you have got yone of these yet but I brought one of these just over a week ago and as the guy said above they use 800psi no threaded bulbs. because you can regulate the power (green gas iv herd is between 170-190 depending on temp) you can use co2 in most gast weapons (as long as you set the right PSI)

Iv also herd that crossman co2 bulbs come with a small ammount of silicon in but the cheaper ones dont. how much truth is in that im not sure and there isnt really any good information on the bulbs themselves!

Anyone thinking of getting one of these i would highly reccomned one. if you get a CO2 compatble shell just have a little try at 800psi! (i wouldnt use it in game unless it was for a 15-20m+ shot) but shoot one of your mates with it (I did) the noise is unbelieveable and you get a nice kick from it.
            Trader Feed back: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33754

08 Systema PTW
            KSC USP compact
            G&P M4

Comment

So you can use this to run any GBB on CO2? it just allows the gas bulbs to be used to charge mags in the same way a can of Green Gas is used?

Comment

850psi is not the stored pressure of c02 its the pressure it generates as it turns from a liquid to a gas as its released into the atmosphere as the gun fires
                m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

so cud this be used in a metal slide glock mate? If so what psi wud a use for a safe useage? I know my aw 338 can take it, not sure of the pressure for that ethier...

Comment

these are the rough pressures for gases at 30 deg c (not stored pressure)

134a 96psi
                    propane 150psi
                    c02 1100psi

if your mags can hold the pressure then the gun shoould be okay as long as all metal.
                    the only problem will arise from nozzle sizing.
                    the gun will need to exactly dispense the correct amount of c02 into the chamber so that expantion can allow the bb to be propelled at a suitiable velocity.
                    if to much co2 is released, transfer from liquid to gas will take to long causing a drop in fps.
                    m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

mate mines came today, tidy bit of kit, question thought a got a bag of 3 O rings, where do each one go? instructions are total pants with it

Comment

Originally posted by weekenny View Post
                        So you can use this to run any GBB on CO2? it just allows the gas bulbs to be used to charge mags in the same way a can of Green Gas is used?
                        Yea thats ho wi have used it up to yet and it has been fine, i have used it in the ICS m203's, the only problem i can see is that at a higher pressure it is harder to press the vavles (even in a nade launcher) so if it is to be used in a pistol i wouldnt go over the normal pressure of green gas because you may have miss fires due to the vavle not being able to be pushed to allow the gas out.

Its trial an error until you get the right pressure but once you have it should be better because CO2 doesnt cooldown as quick as green gas and propane so it should be slightly better in winter.
                        Trader Feed back: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33754

08 Systema PTW
                        KSC USP compact
                        G&P M4

Comment

BUT i have noticed u dont get as much in a mag as u do with norm gas, is that correct?

Comment

think to yourself, why hasnt anyone else thought of using c02 in gbb's....

I used c02 in my ics nades... once, they all wont fill now....

Comment

works perfect in my l96, glock just not takin it as its a pure gas guzzling whore lol, works for the nades at 400/600psi, 800 far to hard

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Garf3r the pen is mighter than the sword... but a bullet silences the writer Find out more about Garf3r
                              Working...
                              X