Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KJW 1911 Xcelerator inconsistant blowback/fps/sometimes not cycling

Hey everyone,

Hopefully I can get some advice on what to do with my KJW xcelerator. The thing was shooting fine, and then all of a sudden I'm experiencing inconsistant blowback and fps. It seems like there is an inconsistant amount of gas being let out of the mag every shot. Sometimes (1/3 of the time) it does a nice, full, crisp shot that fully cycles the slide, loads a new bb, and recocks the hammer. Sometimes it does a half-cycle. Usually, if there is an issue, if I point the gun down and shoot one or two or three shots, it will start shooting well for two or three more shots at a horizontal position, and then revert back to not fully cycling. SOMETIMES when I fire it, I hear multiple "mini gas discharges" where the gun shoots a quick burst of 2-3 gas discharges where the slide moves about 20% of a normal cycling. Also, SOMETIMES when I fire it, the hammer lands on the magazine and some gas is constantly discharged without blowing the whole slide back, as if the hammer spring is weak, but as I point out below, I don't think this is the case.

I tried to solve the issue myself, and made the following checks:

--I have tried using the CO2 mag, the GG mag, and neither magazine does anything for the problem, so I believe it is the gun.
    --The gun has been cleaned, lubed with appropriate silicone oil, and when the slide is manually drawn back it is smooth and not sticky.
    --I stripped the internals and soaked the gas chamber o-ring in silicone oil and upon reassembly, nothing changed.
    --I attempted to do a compression check of the piston's O ring by covering the mag flow valve inlet point with my finger, and blowing into the barrel end of the chamber. This showed a pretty decent airseal, but it was not perfect. I am currently soaking the o ring in Silicone again to see if it can get better.
    --The rocket valve appears to be working, but I didn't take it out, and so it was difficult to be sure it was working well.
    --I removed the slide and inserted a fully charged mag, cocked the trigger, and when I shot the gun, the hammer smacked into the magazine, solidly expelling all the gas in the magazine in a big cloud so I don't believe it has a weak hammer spring.
    --I have checked the airseal between the magazine's flow valve and the blowback chamber and it appears to be making a good seal. To confirm this, I pushed the mag hard into the gun while shooting and it does not make a difference.

Nothing appears to be broken upon inspection, and I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Any suggestions? Thanks so much for any help you can offer, I feel like I've exhausted all other options.

THANKS!!

Re: KJW 1911 Xcelerator inconsistant blowback/fps/sometimes not cycling

Status update,

I went and soaked the piston head in oil for a long time, reinstalled everything, and I'm sure there is a good, solid seal on there now. But still the exact same results.

Anyone, any advice would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

beison Find out more about beison
    Working...
    X