Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

which gas has little/no lubricant in it? how do i run a HPA systems too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which gas has little/no lubricant in it? how do i run a HPA systems too?

sorry to ask this if it already has been asked, what gas has the least amount or no lubricant in it? and is it powerful whatever the gas is?

also what do i need to run a HPA(high pressure air) system to my m700 magazine?

thanks for any help

Re: which gas has little/no lubricant in it? how do i run a HPA systems too?

C02 has no lubricant and can be used all year (HPA)
    Propane has little lubricant in it.

HPA Systems (such as the begadi kit) tap into the gas reservoir in the mag and most people run the cable to the stock and have C02 capsules in a cheek rest/stock pouch.

Check the 'sniping haven' over on Arn**s
    Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

will do cheers mate

am i right in saying you can get CO2 and propane in the normal sized airsoft gas cans?

Comment

CO2 come in little silver capsules like this:

They are small and last a long time making them non-intrusive.

Propane (I think) generally comes in larger canisters and you have to fill up holders yourself. Personally I would go with CO2, it's easier, can be used in winter, much more consistent, no lubricant all over you hop, smaller and fps wise much more precise as you can mess about with the pressure to get it just a tad under your 500fps.

Comment

You'll need an airsoft innovations propane adapter to run propane. I run one and it's very nice indeed, and propane gives a lovely kick.

Comment

co2 it is, although i would much preffer it if i could get like a 1l sized can of co2 and like that up to my gun with one of them pipe systems and then i keep the bottle stored in a dump pouch or something and it would then pretty much have an endless supply of co2

Comment

I think this is for an AICS though - and in that case CO2 is normally the set-up to go with. With an Assault Rifle or Sub though you would probably go for propane.

Comment

Originally posted by strettman View Post
                co2 it is, although i would much preffer it if i could get like a 1l sized can of co2 and like that up to my gun with one of them pipe systems and then i keep the bottle stored in a dump pouch or something and it would then pretty much have an endless supply of co2
                You can do that but the little ones last plenty long enough, in fact you will probably only get through 1-3 per skirmish.

Comment

may do that

i'm hoping to put it in a m700 AICS and gas consumption will be low too though i wil probably keep on changing the valve open ammounts every sikirmish depending on the whether.

so what exactly do i need to run it off co2 capsules into my mag?

Comment

Originally posted by strettman View Post
                    may do that

i'm hoping to put it in a m700 AICS and gas consumption will be low too though i wil probably keep on changing the valve open ammounts every sikirmish depending on the whether.

so what exactly do i need to run it off co2 capsules into my mag?
                    Little ones are best - definitely - I don't think I have ever seen someone run a large one as it is unnecessary as little ones will last you.

As for opening up the valve, you don't need to. You just set open it up until it gets to ~495 fps and leave it. No matter the whether it stays at that fps.

To run it you need a HPA/CO2 Booster. You tap (drill) into the gas reservoir from the outside of the mag, normally from the side, and secure it. Then you run the other end down the stock into a stock pouch or cheek rest.

Comment

i understand you fully mate and i just realised how awesome that will be now all i need is a tightbore, VSR hop-up adaptor and hop-up bucking and i'm pretty much sorted with that

thanks for the help

Comment

any one got any ideas on how many consistent FPS shots you will get out of 1 capsule?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

strettman i have no soul...... according to south park Find out more about strettman
                        Working...
                        X