Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Squeeng a few more shots out of a TM 1911 MEU...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeeng a few more shots out of a TM 1911 MEU...

So i dont think that 5 shots on a cold fill is too great, ive only ever once emptied an entire mag. Im averaging about 10 shots, using both Guarder Black and Abbey Predator (red). I do intend to swap to propane at some point but what can i do to get some more shots off?

Edit: title should say "Squeezing". Fix?
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Re: Squeeng a few more shots out of a TM 1911 MEU...

Dont use propane, youll destroy it =/

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
      Dont use propane, youll destroy it =/
      Okay, thanks. Saves me trying to sort it out.

Comment

yeah ive often heard plastic slide guns like tm cant take the up in power of propane and crack or break quickly, as for squeezing more shots off im not the right guy to answer but i would imagine it would need changing or upgrading some of the internals for a better and more efficient gas usage. pherhaps mag valves and the like. im sure in the morning youll get your answer, but i thought id chuck my two pence in before you bought propane or something. Or it could even be as simple as trying a different gas

Comment

LPE gas mag shim on each mag rubber should do it
          trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

i had this prob at the start of the week, didnt think my cans were that cold, but after sitting on the can (lengthways, not end on before anyone says :p) and that gave me full mag fills again

will start leaving them in the airing cupboard from now on
            Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

My TM M1911A1 (similar to the MEU) usually runs the whole mag, or sometimes just a couple of rounds short.
              I run it on green gas, and keep the mag in a pocket until I'm about to need it.

Comment

Mag shims just wear down the gas router in the mag, so its like a temp bodge that will eventually fail, it also causes slight hinderance to the slide, which isnt what you want as the faster it cycles, the less gas you use. I have got a 5ku lightweight blow back unit in my desert warrior slide, the recoil has been seriously affected, but the slide is super fast and the gas use is a lot less than before.

Try to keep the mag and bottle slightly warm and fill it up till its done, then warm it up again whiole you do something else, then fill it again. should get that bit more gas in there for you. I also only put around 15 rounds in my 1911 mags, and i use propane through them.

Propane is fine to use in the newer TM guns, friend of mine runs his PX4 on it all day, and itsd his primary and have never missed a beat, my 57 was run on it, my 226, my desert warrior and my desert eagle too. Never had an issue really.

If the slide does for some realy wierd reason crack, its $20 for a whole new frame inc a slide too.

So in short, no, there is no real way to solving this horrid 1911 issue, except putting less BB's in the mag and also making sure its nice and warm lol.

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

sorry to thread jack, but my tm m9 slide is broken, can someone pm me where to get a new one?
                  PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
                    yeah ive often heard plastic slide guns like tm cant take the up in power of propane and crack or break quickly, as for squeezing more shots off im not the right guy to answer but i would imagine it would need changing or upgrading some of the internals for a better and more efficient gas usage. pherhaps mag valves and the like. im sure in the morning youll get your answer, but i thought id chuck my two pence in before you bought propane or something. Or it could even be as simple as trying a different gas
                    I use propane on my TM detonics and I used it on a stock Hicapa for 2 years.
                    Although Im not going to recommend it but it is do-able.

@Danhc.
                    613 posts and still not read the forum rules? Only one place to get anything airsoft around here.
                    section 24 of the 1968 Act
                    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by danhc View Post
                      sorry to thread jack, but my tm m9 slide is broken, can someone pm me where to get a new one?
                      lol google and will find cheaper places in the uk or try ebay ..

OP

also the temp recently wont help the TM pistols or any Gas pistol actually
                      my glock would only just shoot 15 out of the 24 rds in the mag because of the cool down

so why not only just fill the mag with 16 bbs and make sure the mag if full properly with the gas.
                      running green gas on the tm pistols will be fine mate,

a nicely maintained pistol and mags will perform flawlessly when its needed mate aslong as not rapid firing like fagpul dynamics show you

Comment

I have heard that filling up a cold mag will mean you get slightly more gas in (simple physics). But if you do this, there is a risk of the seals failing/ mag exploding when it warms up.
                        Originally posted by Nun-Chuck
                        Any airsoft loadout that requires you to lubricate yourself before wearing it is frankly not worth the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                          I have heard that filling up a cold mag will mean you get slightly more gas in (simple physics). But if you do this, there is a risk of the seals failing/ mag exploding when it warms up.
                          The first part is correct, however the final part is BS, the flow valve will give way first dependant on what valves you have, or the seals at the bottom, which reseal again once the pressure is at a more controllable level. Some mags have relief valves built in, like the TM Mk23 SOCOM, some seem to think you cant use propane in those, you can is the simple answer, I use propane all the time and not once has that relief lifted, even used red gas in the socom and got 430fps out of it.
                          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                            The first part is correct, however the final part is BS, the flow valve will give way first dependant on what valves you have, or the seals at the bottom, which reseal again once the pressure is at a more controllable level. Some mags have relief valves built in, like the TM Mk23 SOCOM, some seem to think you cant use propane in those, you can is the simple answer, I use propane all the time and not once has that relief lifted, even used red gas in the socom and got 430fps out of it.
                            The mags are plenty strong enough to contain the pressure of propane. Stealth assassin? 435fps on propane with that funny barrel extention

Comment

It was on red gas at room temp, couldnt keep .25s from going vertical out the barrel and that was with hop off. Made a cracking noise though.
                              My old stealth assasin was crap, the barrel extension slowed the round down for me, although when I did the TM that was with the TM mag and not the KJW one which seems to chrono higher.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jonny lovegrove Marshal @ ZED Adventures: The Mall - RIP 2018 Find out more about jonny lovegrove
                              Working...
                              X