Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaky WE M4 magazines

Hi guys,

I have posted this on here as there doesn't seem to be many threads on the particular issue I am facing.

Four out of my six WE M4 magazines have recently developed leak from the small metal rectangle at the top of the magazines. I don't know what this small part is here to serve other than to bloody leak!

This is just beside the gas outlet valve at the top of the magazine and there doesn't seem to be any obvious way to remove it or gain access to it.

There doesn't seem to be much documented on the internetz about this yet it has affected two thirds of my mags and there is no obvious solution.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Olphy.
    - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Re: Leaky WE M4 magazines

I have no idea what part your talking about man!

BUT

SLide off the bottom of the mag by the filler, then undo the little screw, the mag should then slide out of the case its in. Look at the back of the mag, you will see like 4 or 5 screws. ensure each one is done up nicely (dont overtighten them).

Theres 3 places they leak, fill valve, the rear plate held in with 4-5 screws and the release valce that routs up to the top just behind the mag lips. If its coming out of here its the release valve, which you can also try tightening up if you can.

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

I hate to say this but you might as well scrap all of them if they are leaking badly.

I had exactly the same issue with 2 of mine, I tried knocking it inwards pushing it outwards, I eventually hammered it so hard I f**ked it completely.
      I was going to cut the mag after I f**ked it completely to get a better idea of what it was and if it could be removed but couldn't be bothered and lobbed both mags away.

I have no idea what the reasoning behind them is but a pain in the ass they are!!!

Comment

What is the rectangle you speak of? I dont have an M4 mag to hand, but between my mates they have like 14 mags! So im going to get one with this at some point to attempt to repair lol

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

It sits just under the feed lips, if you remove the feed lips you can see it clearly as its a different couloir to the rest of the mag.

Comment

Ahhh this will be why i havent seen it. Ill keep than in mind man cheers. I now await the poxy things to leak....

Comment

Hi guys,

I seem to have tracked the issue down to the gas leaking out of the outlet valve above the knocker.. The only problem is how the hell do you remove the top valve? The knocker will only push so far in so a flat head screw driver is out of the question. Has anyone else managed to do this?

Thanks,

Olphy.

Comment

3 options to do that mate,
                1. get a valve key
                2. get a 2 prong flat head screw driver (you can buy a whole pack of them from B&Q or homebase)
                3. (my favourite method) clamp the mag to a table & use two small flat head screw drivers to fit in the groove either side of the valve & turn.
                Kiran Payne
                TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
                Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

Well my search in the local Mpalins for a valve key or a forked flathead screwdriver of some description was pretty fruitless, so I took a gamble on a £5 pair or Rolson box joint pliers like the one below and it did the trick just nicely!

I have taken the knocker valves off and soaked the o-rings in a shot glass half filled with 10 weight silicone oil for about 20 minutes before screwing them gently back into the magazine outlet ports. I have allow these to rest for about two days standing upright at a slight angle with the valves facing down so that any silicone oil lying about doesn't run away from the o-rings. As of today I have filled the mags with a very small shot of propane with two drops of silicone oil in the nozzle (just about enough to pressurise the valve) and so far no gas is audibly leaking. I will leave this for about a day or so and if all is well I will try putting a greater quanitity of gas in gradually to see if the seal holds.

If this fails I'm going to buy some instant gasket maker and get messy. I will post back with my results.

Comment

Guys, how in God's name do you stop the knocker valves on these things hissing? I've had my o-rings emersed in power steering fluid for a week and still they leak. Please help.

Comment

Have you tried gasket sealent on them? Failing that, replace the knocker valve entirely (pm me if you want a UK distributer, if I post the link here it'll just be deleted).

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Olphy Find out more about Olphy
                      Working...
                      X