Well G55 (Mp5k) feeding issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well G55 (Mp5k) feeding issues

Just wondering if anyone out there has experience with the Well G55/Mp5k. Having an issue and I can't really work out how to fix it since I don't really understand how it's MENT to work.

ok so gas and laod up mags, insert mag into gun, pull cocking lever back and release all fine and the bolt is in the locked back 'ready position'. Pull trigger and the bolt slides forward and stops just short of hitting the gas release valve??

Now if I cock it again and look inside the ejection port I can see the top of the mag and hop unit and there are 3-4 bb's leading from the mag in to the hop unit. Now I can only assume the bolt is jamming on these bb's since If I pull the mag feeding spring down (leaving 1 bb in the hop unit where it should be) the bb's fall back into the mag and pull the trigger it works fine.

Now with a normal gas pistol as the slide moves forward it loads the next bb ready to be fired, simple. Now since this works with the bolt/slide in the rear position the bb's will have to load by them selves since they wont have the bolt/slide pushing them out of the mag, ok that makes sense, but what stops all the bb's moving forward and blocking the bolt from sliding all the way forward (which seems to be my issue!)?!?!? Help!!
    Catch me on Instagram @Weaponhit_Robson

Re: Well G55 (Mp5k) feeding issues

Righty, I own both the Original Maruzen and the Well Mp5k, so first strip your gun, give it a quick once over to check it's all clean etc, then take the bolt and remove the two pozi screws from it to separate the metal from the plastic parts of the mechanism. inside you should then see a metal rod with a spring which SHOULD be engaged with the plastic clip on the top of the air nozzle. If it isn't reseat it so that it is. You'll know if it's been done right coz the nozzle will slide against the tension of the spring and return without any much vertical play in it, once it's all been put back together. Reassemble the gun and see how it fires!
    Let me know how you get on!
    ~Shad

Comment

Hi thanks for the reply, finally got round to stripping it down, the rod and spring is it quite long (8-10 inches??) and goes all the way back to the sling point/end cap? because if thats the rod your talking about... i broke it i'll get pics up asap to show you what I've done.

Comment

Oh no!! That's a killer fail! No the rod and spring are attached to the air nozzle and are accessed via the 2 screws on the top of the plastic part of the blowback bolt! If the plastic has failed where the recoil guide rod is attached you could try gluing it but I don't know how much success you will have! Sorry to hear it mate! :S

Comment

failing the fix , can I have your mags.

Comment

Bugger

Tried gluing it but it didn't work, its even more fubar than it was before. Looks like it'll go for spares now. Forei I'll pm you about the mags. Thanks guys

Comment

What a shame dude! As a last ditch attempt you could contact a few retailers to see if they've had any returns which they could sell you a spare part from, I returned my first g55 so they may still have it at act/hob if u get my drift!!!

Comment

any luck?

Comment

Sold, but thanks for all the help guys!

Comment

So i have this exact same problem. Now this is my first gbb (poor choice i know but it was only 25$ at my local shop) but i thought i had it mastered until i gased it up and tried shooting it yesterday. I stripped it down and found nothing wrong.

I super confused and sad. Any help would be awesome thanks

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

blackhawk_ranger Find out more about blackhawk_ranger
                    Working...
                    X