Collapse

meu upgrade question... name that part!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meu upgrade question... name that part!

hey,

i'm fitting a little upgrade kit to an M.E.U. but i'm a bit confused as to what one of the springs are...

any idea as to what it is, and where it goes?? (the red one below the allen key)

Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Re: meu upgrade question... name that part!

Thats your hammer spring buddy. it sits in the base of the pistol grip at the back.

Look at the back of the pistol grip at the bottom, there should be a pin, knock that out and a housing comes of, the spring goes in there, its to make the hammer hit harder for high pressure gasses on hi flow valves.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Yep but tbh I'd stick with the original spring set .

Comment

If its a metal slide it will more than likely need the valves porting or hiflows fitted and an increase in spring size, say a 120%spring due to the smaller gas resovoir of the MEU.
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

there is a ported valve in the kit, i fitted that before taking the pic, there is also a 120% or !50% spring in the kit, the second big red spring....

not touching the mag valves just yet

Comment

With the bigger springs, bigger flow valves will be needed.

Comment

what if i dont upgrade the hammer spring vlave?

Comment

It would still work but you stand a high chance of the cycle speed being very sluggish, or non existant in colder weather.
                Try it first and if you are happy then dont go any further with valves and stuff, the cost soon mounts up.
                If you do get valves though, avoid Guarder high flows, they suck.

Comment

well i need a tightbore for it, so might look for high flows too i guess, what should i be looking at make wise?
                  but i need to get my mags to all fill fully first, as they are all cold and seem to not want to take any gas at all

also need to lube everything, as my mate has all my silicon stuff atm, so need it all back before i start firing it

Comment

I use 9ball hi flows in my hicapa and they are brilliant although slightly pricier than others, speak to mike Cripps he might have some of his own in which are cheaper but very good.
                    As for filling, the mags should fill fully even when cold its gas efficiency isn't clever when cold.
                    What gas is it and how much is left in the tin?

Comment

will try that

i have;

a brand new can of guarder power up
                      almost new can of kickass
                      half a can of predator ultra
                      and an almost new can of maint gas

none will fill any of my mags totally, 4-5 shots out of any of my mags. was leaving a can in the airing cupboard seemed to improve it.... it is cold in my flat, i dont get cold often lol, so heating isnt on the timer, just switching it on when i have company lol. anyway, i did make a thread about this issue before, as it started affecting my mags, just as the weather turned (althou one of my mags is now leaking the b'stard lol) so im putting it down to the cold cans not being able to acheive a high enough power to fill the mag due to the lower pressure of the gas due to it being cold.... i havent had a can in the airing cupboard as i figured id only do this just before a game or summut

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bob86 Find out more about bob86
                      Working...
                      X