Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with all my mags for my glock

ok now i am some what confused.

i have 2 glock 17's with metal slided both were working fine.

i got a new TM glock 17 mag the other day and though i would have a plink with it. now it ran 4 shots fine then vented all the gas, i refilled and it did the same, next it fired a couple of rounds then the slide locked half back

i tried another mag and that wont hold gas any longer as the filler valve appears to have got bent

and finally i resorted to my oldest mag (a cheap clone) and it sort of works but got about 8 shots out before venting what was left of the gas, now i tried it in both my psitols and its doing the same.

can anybody advise what the hell is happening?

all i can think is the mags have some how died over the last 6 months of not really been used, i have left a dreg of gas in each just to keep a touch of pressure on the seals i have added silicon to them to keep them maintained and cleaned the pistols carefully each time i have used them.

is it the mags or the pistols? (seems odd there both doing it all of a sudden but there again i would expect the new TM mag to not be screwed either)

Re: Problem with all my mags for my glock

your not meant to leave gas in the mags for storage, i think you have damaged the O rings, have you got enough gas in your can?

My Rating

Comment

I always leave gas in and it's never caused any problems. The only mag that has gone wrong was one that I left empty.

Is it possible that something not quite in place in the new gun is damaging the mags?

If not, strip them down and soak the o-rings in silicone over night.
      sigpic

Comment

its new a mag not a new gun.

i own 2 glock 17's 2 original mags one of which the fill valve broke on so i bought another TM glock mag the other week.

one glock i have a spare for if my main goes down

main glock has had about 200rds through it

spare probably 50rds

there both pretty much as new as i almost never use a pistol.

i dont get why the mags are venting for no obvious reason. the can is a nearly new tin of green exactly the same make as i have previously used.

Comment

A small amount of gas is good to keep the moisture on the seals (the oil in the gas). I can say rockinrobin has a good idea there. Wasnt it the Glock mags that were notorious for random gassing out? I might be wrong on that.
          But otherwise all I can suggest is check the tolerances on the slide to see if its hitting anywhere it shouldnt be, thats all I can think of.
          section 24 of the 1968 Act
          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

try the mag catch

its what was wrong with mine when it was doing exactly the same thing

Comment

yeah on my KSC G19 if you held the mag up you got 50+ rounds off without it was more like 9
              trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

hmm interesting will look but on both pistols going down at the same time?

when i get some time i am going to ptfe all the gaskets i can, liberaly apply silicon and hope for the best.

i think the TM mag was having problems as i don't think the valve released enough gas to cycle the metal slide, the other mags are clone and have massive gas release on the valves and previosuly worked fine

Comment

it may be light striking did you fit a harder hammer spring?
                  trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                  http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

no cleaned the slides a while back and re greased and siliconed everything that should be greased and siliconed, spent a good 3 hrs this morning trying to sort the problem whith no luck

2 of the mags hold gas fine but vent after a couple of shots i am baffeled

all i have done is buy a new mag and now both pistols are been wierd.

could not having enough grease on the rails of slide result in this is say the slide has to much friction?

i have not taken these apart ever, i have not modified in any way, i have cleaned and replaced a mag now they both vent on all of my mags

1 pistol have had maybe 1 mag through it from new prior to this but is showing the same problem as my well used glock.

looking at trading or selling them if i cant work it out and buying 1 new pistol as i really am getting annoyed with them now. i wouldnt mind but there both pretty much brand new with not so much as a scratch i am very careful with them gutted currenlty

Comment

try holding the mag in as you fire........ tell me the results

Comment

and vent

also just greased the hell out of the slide rails just incase the silicon i was using wasnt up to much,

just used abbey silicon grease and was previsouly usins abbey or the airsoft innovations silicon oil.

still having the saem problems

tried TM mag and clone mag with same results though i got a whole 7 shots out the clone before it dumped the gas

Comment

use green gas,is the can empty?

Comment

Any reason you keep bringing up really old threads?

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                              Any reason you keep bringing up really old threads?
                              Trolling.
                              Have I bought or sold an item that relates to you recently? If so, please leave me my iTrader

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

lothario Find out more about lothario
                              Working...
                              X