Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HK style selector switches

evening all

after the fire selector fell off my g36 for the 3rd time today (turns out that over tightening the grub screw that holds it in place actually does more harm than good) I have lost the small spring and ball bearing that clicks into place and holds the switch in position. i have found sets of switches online for about 15 quid, however seems abit steep for a tiny spring and even tinier steel ball, as they are the only parts that need replacing. has anybody found a cheaper way of replacing said parts? if i could find the size of the ball bearing i need then i think i could source one, but its the spring i dont have a clue where to start looking.

cheers for any help guys.
    Kyle

Re: HK style selector switches

You could try a spring from under the flint of a lighter. I think clipper lighters have the thinnest springbut if it is thin enough you will have to stretch it a little to make it springy and cut it down.
    Not sure if it will fit but may be worth a try
    . .

Comment

will try that as soon as i can find a donor clipper. cheers matey.

Comment

also,when u go to reassemble the fire select, use a spot of blue loctite or similar on the grub screw.

you need to clean any grease or grime off of the threads before you apply the loctite and then leave it for a few hours to dry properly.

Comment

ok, spring used from the bottom of a clipper lighter, a ball bearing i salvaged from the sliding runners on an old set of drawers. small quantity of araldite and the fire selector is very almost as good as new, cheers guys

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RPZ_Kai just gettin back into airsoft after a couple of years and trying to get used to how much has changed Find out more about RPZ_Kai
          Working...
          X