Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Just got myself a TM g36 based SL9, upgrades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got myself a TM g36 based SL9, upgrades?

Hey all,

just got myself a great deal on a TM based sl-9. currently i believe internals are all stock, only difference is a nicely fitted sl-9 mod kit. Ideally I want to make it into a more suitable semi auto sniper;

- around 400fps
    - semi auto locked (can still fire full atm)
    - want it shooting straight as possible
    - want it shooting far as possible

What I had planned was to keep the TM gen3 gearbox shell but purchase a "Guarder SP120 Full Tune-Up Kit for TM G36C", quite expensive, but told they're all great and necessary parts if I want a higher fps (plus spring with it is 390-410 fps). Also planned to get a MOFSET with active braking, as this will kill two birds with one stone by being able to non-mechanically lock semi-auto and using the active braking to help prolong gearbox from semi firing.

I intend on using 0.28 bb's to try and get it shooting straight, and going to keep the TM hop-up chamber and got new TM rubbers as I've been told stock TM hopups are pretty much flawless.

Barrel wise I currently have a new unused TB twist barrel, which doesn't work for high fps's. Anyone know if having a 400 fps gun and using heavier ammo means I can use it? or shall i look into a 510mm tight bore?

Finally, is their anything else anyone can think of that I need, or would recommend?

Thanks in advance
    sigpic

Re: Just got myself a TM g36 based SL9, upgrades?

Hey there, did you get anywhere with the upgrades? I might be getting a TM based SL9 as well soon and though about the DMR route as well.

What parts did you fit, what sort of results are you getting with it?

Comment

if you change barrel to 510 cylinder will be incorrectly ported

Comment

Originally posted by Ells View Post
        if you change barrel to 510 cylinder will be incorrectly ported
        meaning? first real project, so a little new.

And it's going well so far, done most of the rewiring, put a mosfet with AB in there (was a little larger than I thought it would be, but luckly the sl9 has a massive hand grip)
        sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dinsy Find out more about Dinsy
        Working...
        X