Why can't I get my flash hider off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't I get my flash hider off?

Random one here. I have a KSC MP7A1 and my flash hider seems to be stuck for some reason. It has been taken off many times before so it isn't glued on or anything like that.

For some reason it just doesn't want to budge. It just moves about half a mm each way when you try to turn it but doesn't pick up on the thread by the feel of it..

I'm pretty confident that it should be removed anti-clockwise but I don't want to man smash it off if I might end up permanently doing some damage to the thread or barrel.

Has anyone had a similar issue or know what might cause this on a flash hider? Should I just leave it or is brute force the way to go?

Thanks in advance.
    102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Re: Why can't I get my flash hider off?

Never mind.

Turns out it was just really tightened on (which is strange because I never overtighten things). I couldn't even move it with pliers. Had to shove a metal rod through the gaps in the flash hider cage to get the leverage in the end.

All sorted.
    102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Longshot Find out more about Longshot
    Working...
    X