Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• couple of questions - ris wobble and flashider

hey all

recently picked up a 2nd hand m4 to do a bit of a project on and had a couple of problems

no1

the ris is prone to wobbling, the barrel is solidly on but the ris wobbles around at the rear so moves up and down etc, looking at thr ris inside the bit where it grips the delta ring is quite worn away, anyone know of any fixes for this?

Also the previous owner obviously tried to change the flashider and appears to have crossthreaded it a little bit so i cant get an m4a1 flashider on it, any fixes for this or do i need a new outer barrel?

Final thing does anyone have any of the small bolts that go in the m4 style ironsight at the front as it doesnt have any so it slides around

cheers

Re: couple of questions - ris wobble and flashider

Alright dude, honestly. If you cant get your money back (cos the front end sounds knakered) then do or just buy a new front. If the threads have gone on both the delta ring/upper reciever join then no amount of PTFE is really going to help you out. Same goes for the flash hider. Cut you loses, pick up a 2nd hand front end or buy new. Look on the bright side, this way you can decide how long you want your front end and which style.

Hope you get it sorted.
    Ben
    "As the Great Warrior poet Ice Cube once said, when the day does not require an AK it is good"

Comment

Re: couple of questions - ris wobble and flashider

Maybe i wasnt too clear hehe

The delta ring and upper receiver is actually fine, its the RIS itself thats worn away a bit? the bit where the delta ring holds it is worn so thats whhats causing the wobble

as for the barrel i have sorted a replacement now

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

imperfect_design Find out more about imperfect_design
      Working...
      X